A sad loss

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

laine

A sad loss

Post by laine »

I haven't written about my son's budgie, Charlie, however, I am writing with a heart filled with much joy but tonight very much sadness as the tears flow from my eyes.
Charlie has not been well for about a week and tonight at 7pm he died in my son's hand.
Charlie was 4 years old with a fabulous personality and vocabulary. He could give a good high 5, shake hands and would come when called. He could say his own name, Charlie, plus 'hello Charlie', come on, come on Charlie, come here, how are you, shut up, no you shut up (when challenged about telling you to shut up :) ). He had recently learnt to copy Smokey's chirp as had Smokey learnt his. Charlie could also say, hello you, boo boo boo (dont know why !!), kiss kiss, giss a kiss (give us a kiss), I am so upset I have now forgotten other stuff he could say and do. He died quietly lying down on my son's hand. Dale, my son, is obviously devastated and cannot stop crying. Charlie was his best friend. It is so hard even though other people have said he was just a bird. He wasn't. He was a family member, Dale's best friend and a huge delight to be around. I am sure that time will heal this heart ache and Dale will transfer his affection and experience to a new little bird in time.
Whilst I will miss little Charlie, I am hurting for the pain Dale is feeling. Anyway, have to go and dry my eyes and hopefully the next post is a happy one. Bye for now.
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

I'm so sorry for your loss.
MCS
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

im so sorry about your lost

i lost a baby irn about 3 months ago

stay strong

remeber everthing happens for a reason even though we might not know why

:(
-Justin
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Oh Elaine, I am sitting at my desk at work with tears trailing down my faace, hugs to you and Dale, I am so sorry you lost beautiful Charlie :cry: :cry:
-Chamon-

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

he was just a bird ! ? :evil: well they just don't understand, because they never had the experience you had of knowing what joy these babies bring to your life.

It's hard to know what to say in these situations, but I always think about it this way if I can;

try not to be too sad he is gone
be glad that you knew him.

May God wrap his loving arms around You and Dale at this time and keep in you fond memories of your Charlie.

I think another baby would be a great idea. Not a replacement that can never be, but a new friend to enjoy.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My condolences to you and your family. :( *Hugs* for you.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
laine

Post by laine »

Thank you all for your kind words. We are going shopping today to choose a new friend for Dale. Will post a photo ASAP
laine

A tribute to Charlie from my son, Dale

Post by laine »

This is the link to Dale's own web page where he has written a poem for Charlie as well as posted a photo. - Get the tissues ready before you open the link :(

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60058840/
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

That is a beautiful poem. :( Poor little guy. Fly free little Charlie!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:cry:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

it is so hard for other people to understand birds are not just bird any pet isnot just an animal they have feeling just like us and we can all say some have got a great talent so i cannot aggree that it is just abird that upset's me when people say things like this i am so sorry for your sons lose and we all can tell from his poem he has lost a good friend

rest in peace little fella
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !