Farewell Jello

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

ellieelectrons

Farewell Jello

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi all

I just found out today that my Charlie's mother, Jello died. She was 21 years old and they think she had pancreatic cancer. At the end, she couldn't even sit on a perch. Poor bird. She is survived by Charlie's father, Sacha and a large number of beautiful, tame ringnecks - my Charlie is just one of them. Sad to think the dynasty has come to an end.

Here are links to two discussion threads describing the lovely pair:
http://www.aussiebirds.proboards.com/th ... asha-jello
http://www.aussiebirds.proboards.com/th ... llo-latest

Ellie.
InTheAir

Re: Farewell Jello

Post by InTheAir »

I'm sorry to hear that. Please pass on my condolences.
MissK

Post by MissK »

That is sad.
-MissK
Redzone

Post by Redzone »

Sorry to hear that Colleen, Mike must be pretty upset, she sounded like an awesome bird & an incredible pairing with Sacha
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I found it incredibly sad. Sacha didn't seem too perturbed from what I could tell. He was already trying to make friends with his old Alexandrine buddy. Apparently they were friends over twenty years ago and had hardly anything to do with each other after Jello came along. Amazing that a friendship could survive after all those years of living so close together yet being not even acknowledging each other for twenty odd years.

Ellie.
Redzone

Post by Redzone »

I have a theory that this kind of occurence is the reason why ringnecks are so able to adapt to new owners/mates, in the wild where they originate from, anything can happen, so they have the ability to get over losing a mate quickly.. I mean there has to be a reason why they tend to lose their tameness/training after being left alone for a couple of weeks...