Rest in Peacy my little Baby

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

Little Buttercup

Rest in Peacy my little Baby

Post by Little Buttercup »

I bought my buttercup ringneck on the 17th april 2011 when she was 3 months old. I named her Little Buttercup. She was a very cute baby and very quickly we fell in love with each other! I even potty trained her and taught her a few tricks as well. She would join me for my midday nap daily and either rest on me or climb up the curtain and sleep on the rail till I get up. I really miss her now that I have to nap alone. Then one day I made the biggest mistake of my life. I had to go somewhere and was in such a hurry and left the window open where the cage was kept. When I returned home after dark I went to cover the cage but saw my baby was missing. I went looking in the dark my whole yard over calling her name but no answer. I went to bed thinking I will find her next morning as she might be sleeping somewhere. At sunrise I went looking again calling, looking everywhere in my garden. Then looking under the kids trampoline I found a bundle of yellow feathers and a red beak! :cry: My search was over. The stray cat that keep on prowling in my yard killed her. I felt very embarrassed:oops: at my carelessness. I feel I deserve it for being so horribly careless with my Buttercup. I collected the feathers and made a frame with some and still have some kept in an envelope, got another idea to use the remaining feathers. To make things worse it was on my birthday that I found her dead. Needless to say no birthday for me that day. She will be remembered forever. Although I have a cockatiel, my heart is crying for a Ringneck, they are such cute birds. Thanks to all who sympathised with me.

Waiting to be with you again, in Heaven, my Baby.

Ash
JamesO

Re: Rest in Peacy my little Baby

Post by JamesO »

That is terrible :( I couldn't fathom the loss of any of my babies.. especially to even think they were killed viciously by a stray cat.. :(

I hope you have already found the comfort you needed.
Little Buttercup

Thanks James0, I'm feeling better but still think alot about my baby. But soon its my birthday and baby's death day in one :( on the 4th of march. My brother bought for me another ringneck, a green one. But unfortuanately he is not handreared, but still very sweet and cute. I named him Kiwi. He gives me comfort and i'm trying to tame him. Not sure if its worth the time and will he become completely tame. But he did improve quite a bit from what he was at the beginning. At first he would scream the moment I enter the room but now he actually makes a happy sound when I come in. So far so good with Kiwi.
Incerecon

Post by Incerecon »

In my opinion you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.
Little Buttercup

Hi there, Can anyone please tell me what Incerecon means? I did send a PM 2 weeks ago but did not get a reply as yet. I would just like to know what i'm not right about.

Ash
MissK

Post by MissK »

I think that is just spam. Disregard it.

-MissK
-MissK
Little Buttercup

Thanks Missk, I notice that its the first and only post of that person.