Im a new 5 week old Indian Ringneck baby Parent

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Orchid213

Im a new 5 week old Indian Ringneck baby Parent

Post by Orchid213 »

Hello. Im Danny from Los Angeles, California. My wife and i recently added a new member to the family. A cute little Indian ringneck baby parrot by the name Orchid. The whole family loves him/her.

We also have 2 budgies at home so this isnt our first rodeo. Although we did miss the first 8 weeks of the budgies growing stage. So technically this is our first baby bird we had to help develop. Lol.

So i joined this for help, information, and guidance. I would love to give my baby bird the best life he can have and grow with him/her. Also, i want a attachment bond with him/her. And maybe for it to talk with me.
BirbMom

Re: Im a new 5 week old Indian Ringneck baby Parent

Post by BirbMom »

:ymhug: :ymhug: Congratulations on your new baby! Wow so young!
Well IRNs are know to be aggressive, I don’t recommend putting all in same cage, however, supervised on a play stand is ok. Since it’s so young, there’s a good chance they can be friends unless the budgies are bonded, then the IRN will bond with you. Let us know, good luck 🍀👍🏼 😄

Ps
They are excellent talker if you talk a lot to them.
Make sure you put a lot of emotion and excitement into the things you want it to learn to say, expressions etc, make its sound exciting, they love that, entonation!
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Im a new 5 week old Indian Ringneck baby Parent

Post by ringneck »

Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, I would keep the bird in its own separate cage. :)

Please feel free to browse through the forum as this is the largest ringneck site with almost 20 years of information. Find a strategy that works for you. I recommend positive reinforcement.

I can't wait to read about your ringneck's antics!

Welcome my friend,

Imran