Should I buy Or Not?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Tammy Milligan

Should I buy Or Not?

Post by Tammy Milligan »

I recently lost my baby he flew out a window 11 days ago. he was an alexandrine he was my best friend. i now have a chance to purchase a breeding pair or INR . they produce 2 sound clutches a year last clutch had 5 eggs all made it. i am not a breeder ,but i would love to have babies that i can tame . to help me get threw the loss of my baby. should i or shouldnt i is the question . she is a gray and he is a green they are not friendly but use to people. what do you think .
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

In that situation i would. But you need to make sure you will have an extra cage for your lost bird, he may come back.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

I agree...... This may be a great opportunity for you to breed and raise the babies. If you love birds then I would go for it.
But be hopeful and put your birds cage out side maybe with some food in case he is nearby and wants to come home.
Always have hope. Also.....Call your local animal sheltes.
Good luck.
Allie
Tammy Milligan

Post by Tammy Milligan »

his cage is always gonna be waiting for him ,i will not give up hope on him coming back . thank you for your comments on this matter . the birds are lovely and maybe its what i need .
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

I'm not gonna repeat what everyone has said.. I will say this.. I too say you should get the pair!
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

SkyBaby wrote:I'm not gonna repeat what everyone has said.. I will say this.. I too say you should get the pair!
He should do it.
bec

Post by bec »

i vote yes too!!!!!
i bred my first pair last year & i have my lovely little skeet for the effort! this year hopefully 2 pairs breeding!!!
definitly dont give up on you baby coming back
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sorry to hear about your baby Alex. :(

Only downfall I have found with breeding my IRNs is letting them go to their new homes after I have raised them. :? :( Very hard to part with.
bec

Post by bec »

hmm i can see that being a problem i didnt have to face that last year but htis year i would have to sell as im running out of cages!!!!!