Bingo's a girl and hoping she isn't sick

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

kholland

Bingo's a girl and hoping she isn't sick

Post by kholland »

Hello all,

I got the DNA results back on Bingo and she's a girl. :) I'm trying not to be disappointed, as I was really hoping for a boy, just think they're prettier. I suppose its futile to hope they were wrong, huh? ;)

So the last couple of days Bingo has been hanging around the bottom of the cage, picking at and eating her poo. (Sorry to be so gross.) She does seem to have a preference for the dry variety but will also go after the fresh stuff (and then have the nerve to try to kiss me with that beak!!). We had a budgie that did that a lot, so I'm not entirely shocked, but it does have me concerned. Also, she is often sitting with both feet on the perch and not tucking one leg up very much, a sign I've learned over the years can point to a bird that doesn't feel well. Also haven't heard much beak grinding or chirping the last day or two. Think I might give a vet a call in the morning and try to get her in. Is poo eating common for these birds? I thought it might be a parakeet thing. I've been trying to keep the cage clean so she can't get to it, but its not easy.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Wow, call a vet. Hey there is always room for another bird ;)
kholland

Post by kholland »

Now, wait a minute. You're supposed to REASSURE me that all is well in the world and that Bingo is completely normal. ;)

I feel a little bit better seeing that she has perched for the night on one foot with her little beak buried in her wing. I'm going to see how she behaves in the morning and make the decision to call the vet or not.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

kholland wrote:Now, wait a minute. You're supposed to REASSURE me that all is well in the world and that Bingo is completely normal. ;)

I feel a little bit better seeing that she has perched for the night on one foot with her little beak buried in her wing. I'm going to see how she behaves in the morning and make the decision to call the vet or not.
Woops, sorry. I had meant, if you want a male INR then there is room for another.