Birdies will be getting a non avian friend! :D

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Birdies will be getting a non avian friend! :D

Post by Lauren »

Ouch, a week of 40 degrees, without air con! Birdies will be locked in the bathroom (coolest room) for a week, Im not taking chances with them, there will be no flying about the house this week. Poor bubs!

On another note: Birdies will be getting a friend very soon - non avian. *shh* say no more! hehehe. We've been having 'playdates' with my mums pet. They seemed fine. If they wernt fine with it, I wouldnt be getting them a (non avian) friend. :wink:
Last edited by Lauren on Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

oi you cant just leave us with that, what are you getting. (By the way there is another thread going in misc about the heat wave)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Just a teaser. lol.

A hint: It has floppy long ears and it hops. :lol:

Ive had them before. When Jibby was a bubba and he used to love having a happy hoppy floppy friend. I cant wait! Im checking some out today. If I can be bothered going out today. Sooo hot! If I do end up getting one today, might have to leave it at mums for the week with her hoppy friend, since she has air con. :(

Oh and thanx for the heads up hun, didnt see that thread. Silly me. :roll:
julie

Post by julie »

cool, Tiffany had one and it used to growl at us. It had mites in its ears and I didn't want to play vet to it in case I hurt it, it went to the vet for treatment and the vet ruptured the poor things eardrum and had to put her to sleep :cry:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh that is terrible julie :cry:

Don't forget the all important photos of your non feathered buddy :)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh no. Im so sorry Julie. Poor lil bun!

Rabbits are tempremental lil things, some can just be grumps, most dont like being picked up and handled much, but on the other hand, they need lots of social interaction, as they are social animals. One of our dwarf lops we had, didnt like me much, I tried. I miss him. :( Our other dwarf, had to be put down too because he had an overbite, the teeth were too long to eat.

UPDATE: I got our 'friend' on Friday night. Shes the sweetest thing. Isnt really fussed about anything and lets me cuddle her. She loves her head petted and doing the 'bunny flop', then stretching out in the middle of the lounge for naps. lol.

Posted some pics of her in the 'Share your flock'!

Birds really dont care much! Jibby came to check her out while I was cuddling her today. But apart from that, they havnt even taken much notice and I dont think she even cares that there is birds about the house, doesnt even look scared of them!

She will be a 'house bunny'. Im litter training her atm. :wink: