Tech help please

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

2cay2

Tech help please

Post by 2cay2 »

A couple of peeps from another forum want to registar here but it wont let them. One is getting a fatal error on this link http://www.indianringneck.com/board/ Everythings working fine for me.
Can anyone help???
2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

A 3rd person has tried and is getting the fatal error message too. Any help would be really appreciated :)
freaky

Post by freaky »

are they UK based as well?

who do they use as their ISP?

AOL and phpbb dont mix with loads of errors.
2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

Hi Freaky, yes they are all UK based.

Not sure about the other things, I'll pass the info to them. Thank you :)
2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

4th person is getting this error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validate_optional_fields() in /home/ringneck/public_html/board/includes/usercp_register.php on line 247

No one has been succesful in registaring :(
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Hi,

I have gone in to the registration area to see what has not been activated, as this is an automated process now, but if need be we can go in and control this manually. There are a few registrations that are not active and have UK or AOL emails, but I cannot manually activate them either. Not sure if that is even the issue.

They may need to go into their browser tools advanced options area and allow the website ?

I will draw attention to this post to the other admins and owner, although they will probably happen across it anyway to see if the exact error message you posted here means anything, or if they know of some issue they may already be working on a fix for.

Tell your friends to hang in there and we can't wait to welcome them to the site.

Ange
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

Oh, thanks Angie. I'll let them know :D
freaky

Post by freaky »

Ange, ive just logged out and tried to register, as soon as you click the i am over 13 link you get the error message.

its a board problem, maybe from the twats who hacked it.

the AOL issue is that the AOL web browser dosnt recognise/accept phpbb emails or cookies, but if you use ie, or firefox it wil.
2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

If it's any help, one of these peeps uses firefox and has the same problem
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Imran the owner is on it now. Hopefully he should have a fix soon. We had issue with hacking not long ago .. so tell them to hang in there and we will have them in the family as soon as we can :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

DEEDEE

Post by DEEDEE »

I'm in the UK and have no problem (tiscali)
Poochletty

Post by Poochletty »

I'm in the United States and have been having the same trouble when trying to change my avatar or update my profile. Fatal error every time. It won't let me change a single thing.
2cay2

Post by 2cay2 »

I have another person trying to registar but can't :( I hope you can fix this soon :wink:
Deedee I haven't had any problems either, but then we are both already registered :lol: These guys can't register :cry:
Lots of luck to whoever is fiddling behind the scenes to get this issue sorted ::hugs::
Fah

Post by Fah »

Yeah, im sure its being worked on but I also noticed I canot do anything with my profile... :(

Edit 16th Nov: Board functionality is still pretty much down regarding new users and changing profiles i think.
Chooky

Post by Chooky »

This is an ongoing problem.

Could we please have a date that it will be fixed??
Fah

Post by Fah »

The site admin only recently had to upgrade to the latest version of the board system... due to annoying situations.

There has obviously been a few hickups with the process... however everyone needs to just relax, Imran has a busy schedule im sure, and this is something that he provides free of charge, and open to the masses.

I think this is the first problem the board has had functionality wise since I have been a member.

It will get fixed sooner or later, its not going to stop this board being a mass of information for many, its proving annoying to some im sure... but they will sort it out.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

try sending a pm to ringneck the site owner
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless