Bites

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Jim

Bites

Post by Jim »

While reading another post related to bites I came up with a list of species that have bitten me, ranked in order of most to least painful.

1. Patagonian Conure
2. Moustache Parakeet
3. Eclectus
4. Black Capped Conure
5. IRN
6. Cockatiel (Little monsters get ahold of you and twist and don't let go.)
7. Budgie
8. Green Cheek Conure

Anyone else care to share?

Jim
October is National Tagline Awareness Month
IndianRingneckBoy

Post by IndianRingneckBoy »

Iv been bit by

Peacocks (male)

IRN's

Chickens

Cockatiels

iv leasted them from most painfull
IRN - Koi
Cats - Ozzy,Marely,Chester
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: I try not to touch birds who dont know me but...

1. 'Green' Indian Ringneck.. Recently tasted the blood of my upper lip, did not let go until I had to physically grab him and yank him off.. not nice!! Has made the 'manliest' grown men cry! Hes perfected his teqnique over the years.. he knows where it hurts the most and takes full advantage of it even though we dont show it hurts, (more to the fact that shock overpowers the pain, then you feel the tears swell up in your eyes!) he must know it hurts us, because he only goes for the lips. Wont give you any warning either, other than his 'pure evil' kiss.. kiss.. kissies to lure you in.. (oh and they are very evil sounding!) then SNAP, there goes your lip! LOL.

2. Sulfur crested Cockatoo.. Only hurt less because it bit me on the hand, not the face! I'm sure they can do more damage.. it was wild aswell.. so I should of expected it.

3. Emu.. To people who dont know.. Its an Australian ostrich like bird but a little smaller, scary things when they charge at you! Dont ever eat food around them. They'll gladly take it off you! They sure arent shy!

4. Cockatiel(s).. Which are barely 'painfull'.. I think its funny when people say 'ouch!' when a tiel bites LOL they havnt been biten by an IRN or bigger parrot!

On another note..
5. Magpie.. okay it wasnt a bite, but it did try to spear my head with its beak and it did hurt, especially when flying full speed at your head, lethal flying weapons in breeding season! Which is coming up soon here.. Sooo Remember to watch where you walking, wear your hats back to front or sunnies on the back of your head and look like a fool running through the park waving your hands around your head and screaming just so you dont get stabbed by a pie!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

1. SC cockatoo - my Sox hasn't taken chunks yet, he's so loving and loves me.... but o that beak - they dont call them finger loppers for nothin!

2. ALSO green IRN - Petey who is in love with my daughter, hates my hands to pat him with a passion, always gets the bit where the nail joins the finger..... (and re open it)

3. a nesting tiel - many bites in one go, our Mozzarella takes chunks if u get to close to his eggs, and bites over and over in the same spot!

4 female budgie - when small pointy beak comes into contact with human skin, they don't let go! just bite harder!!!!!!

5. not sure bout this one, my GCC hasn't attacked yet.... but agree on the emu... i'm sure they'd draw blood on the first go hehe
Petey - IRN

Not enough room for my other fids!!!!
inept

Post by inept »

I've been bitten by:

African Grey
Amazon
IRN
Quaker
Sun Conure
Various little conures

There is a huge gap between the Amazon and the IRN. The grey was really painful and the bite was purposeful and targeted to hurt.

Those little conures are the cutest. They bite and bite and bite and it barely even hurts. It's really charming how they try so hard but fail.
bec

Post by bec »

riku got herself caught in some threads she pulled out of my curtains this morning and i held her so larissa could untangle her so the only bite i can really think of right now is the bite she gave me this morning altho when i was 6 years old my sisters rooster icecream gave me a nasty one that i can still see the scar from at 38 years old
so i suppose that was worse especially as riku bit me out of fear
but icecream was just nasty he would attack all the time
leo

Post by leo »

i beaten by
goose(actually its like suck) till blue black...

by fighting rooster(poke by the horn on the leg)-i had figting roosters and 2 of them escaped, and fight, so when i was seperating them, ya, that happen....it poked so deep that drew alot of blood out

by love bird...last itme i did not know how to decipline my lovebird, my 1st tame parrot, grew to be abiter

by hen, when she is incubating the eggs

by finches, budgie when i cought them using my hand to move them to bigger cage...

biten by my noughty tango

by quecker, lory, irn, canure, grey, and other in the birt mart when i poke my hand in

but never bitten by my cockatiel...at all...

crow, when i have something shiny on my shirt, out of nowhere, they just...yup...i guess like the pie in lauren's
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

Most to Least painful?

IRN
Caique
Quaker
Sun conure
cockatiel
budgie

My IRN has taken CHUNKS out of my arm before she decided she loves me!

My caique and quaker have just laid my fingers open once or twice, the sun pinches (no blood) the tiels go after the cuticles on the fingers which is kinda ouchie and i just LAUGH at my budgies attempts to bite! He's so funny, he loves my IRN who will have nothing to do with him!
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
thisel

Post by thisel »

only got bit by the 2 irns..
unfortunately im dumb enough to get bit 1/2 dozen times by each bird.
only other animal that has bit me was my german shepherd. lol that got me 7 stitches and a week off work. id gladly do that again compared to irn bites
im not a complete idiot... some parts are missing
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

One the order of most painful to least painful:

1. Military Macaw (that drew blood.)

2. Double Yellow Head Amazon (didn't draw blood, more of a warning nip. If I had pushed her, I'm sure it would have been much worse :D)

3. Blue-Crown Conure (beak hadn't been trimmed in a while, so it was SHARP, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have hurt so bad if that beak had been trimmed)

4. Indian Ringneck (When Sky gets PO'ed at me and wants to bite, he goes for wherever he can get and clamps down and doesn't LET GO until i put him down.)

5. Pacific Parrotlets (Holy crap.... OUCHIES. She was biting to hurt. It WASN'T a warning nip :D)

6. Love Birds (those guys pack one big punch in a deceitfully small beak.)

7. Green Cheek Conure (that bird didn't just bite he'd actually CHEW and twist his head around)

8. Cockatiel (pinch and go for the little sensitive parts between my fingers. OUCH)

9. Silly budgies... them and their wimpy beaks.. my gosh..

10. Various finches while transfering them from cage to cage, but those can't be counted as "bites" so much as simply gripping a small piece of my skin with their tiny beaks. they don't even hurt.

My list isn't near as impressive as some of ya'alls. :D Dang.. you people who had been bitten by large macaws.. do you guys still have all your fingers?
mlk1825

What haven't I been bitten by!!

Post by mlk1825 »

Worst to least

1. Eclectus (blood and major/severe bruising) been nothing more painful; now I have Dora phobia...my mother's bird lol :lol:

2. Sun Conure

3. Dusky Conure

4. Lovebird (vicious little thing...lol)

5. Budgies (I used to work at the pet store and have to catch the little suckers for everyone....so I've been bitten a lot!)

6. Cockatiel (more hissing than biting)

7. Amazon (dive bombed me in the head...if that counts)

Can we include other animals in this list?? LOL!
Fah

Post by Fah »

1. Wedge-Tailed Eagle (ok... it was only a baby... who got cranky at me)

It was a rescue bird when I lived in the Northern Territory. It was a baby bird (weighing about 1kg at the time... not grams people lol). And it was overly eager for food and took a bite at my hand... drew some blood but more bruising due to it twsting its head.

2. Eckies... twice bitten by a friends "so called pet" :P

3. Sun Conures (they seem to go for the most vulnerable spots)

4. Indian Ringnecks (harder than a Sunnie bit dont seem to care where they latch on)

5. Pelican (ok.. it wasnt a bite.. but being chased by one as a 3yo will scar you for life mkay) :P