Shocking way to end my day (don't panic - not bird related)

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

laine

Shocking way to end my day (don't panic - not bird related)

Post by laine »

Mondays is the day I finish early - 5pm - as I take my son to guitar lessons in the evening. (Tuesday - Thursday I work 9am - 8pm & have Friday off). So tonight was no different to any other Monday. We drove out of the driveway at 7pm, however, there was a car on the left hand side of the road. I moved over to the right hand side to avoid the car but didn't see the trailor parked on the other side. I collided straight into it and have completely taken out the right hand side (drivers side) of my car. I also don't know what other damage I have done but I can't drive it. The car is automatic but as soon as you put it in drive it makes a really loud grinding sound and it won't move either forward or reverse. My boyfriend seems to think I have damaged the automatic transmission. My heart was pounding so hard & fast I couldn't breathe. It took me about 20mins to calm down. This happened 3 doors up from my house :evil: The bang was so loud that practically half the neighborhood came out - good thing as I needed the car to be pushed back home. Now I have to arrange car repairs, transport for me to work and my son to school . It all seems just too hard. If only there was a rewind button and I could have another chance :cry:
julie

Post by julie »

:shock: I hope you and your son didn't get hurt.Is the car insured and was the trailer properly parked?
laine

Post by laine »

Neither of us were hurt. My car is insured. The trailor was parked on the road, but not much room between the car I saw and avoided and the trailor on the other side. That's why I hit it. The trailor also didn't have any lights on it or any visible reflectors. That section of our court is quite dark & without street lights.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Awwww BIG HUGS .. so sad to hear what happened. Life can really suck sometimes, but rest assured it will be a talked about memory before you know it, you may even laugh about it one day with your grandkids.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The most important thing was that you were both safe and unhurt.

Car & trailer can be repaired and your insured so that is good.

hope the rest of the week improves for you. :)

8)
laine

Post by laine »

Thanks for your good wishes. Today, Friday, is my day off so I have spent the morning organising for my car to be towed and the insurance. The next step is to arrange a hire car, the insurance covers this for one week for a repair. The repairer said that he thinks the car is repairable. The most damage is internally, the panels are beaten up on the drivers side but can be easily repaired. I have bent the K frame & the drive shaft and this has made the front wheel and the auto transmission go out of alignment. Not completely sure why the auto transmission makes such a loud noise but I should find out what the total damage is by Monday at the latest, I am hoping I will hear later today. I have been taking the bus to work, OMG, what an awful experience. It's packed, cold, smelly and not me :lol: . Now I understand why my son complains about getting the bus to and from school. Fortunately one of the girls at work lives in the next street to me. We don't start at the same times but coincidentally we finish at the same time 3 days a week, therefore I have been getting a ride home with her. What a god send she has been. Anyway, on a brighter note, as I can't really go anywhere, Smokey is loving having me home and not constantly running out - shopping etc. He's had a great day :lol: .