POSSIBLE?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

war10ck3d

POSSIBLE?

Post by war10ck3d »

hello im new here, and i just want to ask if it is possible to tame an matured ringneck? how bad irn bite is, is it tolerable?
Jet Pradilla
Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga
+639082124449
Bella

Post by Bella »

Its possible to tame an adult yes i tamed my adult male and now taming another adult male their bites can be pretty nasty if they get you in a certain way :?
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
war10ck3d

Post by war10ck3d »

Thanks Mam Bella (supposing your a lady, and I think you are). I hope you don't mind but how do you initiate the process of taming an adult irn? Do you wear gloves? Should you clip the birds feathers first?
Jet Pradilla
Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga
+639082124449
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

I've rescued a couple birds and I think the first thing you have to do with any bird is earn their trust. Try feeding them from your hand and talking quietly and sweetly to them. tell them everything you want to do before you do it and don't look at them straight on try to look at them from a side veiw or put your head down this will help to show the bird that you are not a preditor and that your not going to hurt them. never walk straight up to the birds cage try to approach from the side or zigzag you have to show the bird your ok to join his flock then you can start with stepups and such but only at the birds speed don't try to rush him watch him and learn his body language he'll let you know when he's ready to let you touch him. Don't wear gloves ever you'l scare hm away for life mabie just go slow and you will have a friend for life soon enough.patiants,love, and more patiants is what it takes with birds.
Bella

Post by Bella »

war10ck3d wrote:Thanks Mam Bella (supposing your a lady, and I think you are). I hope you don't mind but how do you initiate the process of taming an adult irn? Do you wear gloves? Should you clip the birds feathers first?

I didnt wear gloves as this can scare them and make them more affraid of your hands and i didnt clip his wings as alot have some flight anyway and also me having a dog and small baby id like him to be able to fly off if he wants to. I 1st found his favourite food (sweetcorn) got him used to taking from my hand as he was very afraid of hands and bare arms then got him to step onto my arm using treats too. Now he doesnt need treats just praise he loves it when i call him good boy.
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
war10ck3d

Post by war10ck3d »

Thanks a lot
Jet Pradilla
Dau, Mabalacat, Pampanga
+639082124449