Moody Boy

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

IndianRingneckBoy

Moody Boy

Post by IndianRingneckBoy »

Koi got out his cage today while my nan went shopping to get him some toys and he was flying around the house :shock: , But we caught him and now he is sulking in his cage.
We found his escape hole and blocked it up with strong wood. :roll:

Also he has tried apple, and gape , OMG he loves his grape when ever i eat some he squaks until i give him one just like a baby LOL :lol:

I am triying to give him carrot today hope he likes it :)
IRN - Koi
Cats - Ozzy,Marely,Chester
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Dont rush into giving him new foods so close to each other i would introduce one new food each week just to get his little body use to eating the soilds.

Alot of IRN's do sulk when they dont get there own way they are just like little kids:)
Sharlene and Amazon
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker wouldn't stop making air raids on the dinner salads tonight so I finally put him in his cage for a timeout and boy did we have one mad little birdie for the next half hour. He spent the entire time angrily ringing his bell and screaming 'hello!' at us while swinging on his swing and looking to see if we were paying attention. After a good pout all was forgiven when he got to share the strawberries for dessert. :lol:
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

haha don't u love it when they ring their bells then stop to see if yr looking!
Petey - IRN

Not enough room for my other fids!!!!
Fah

Post by Fah »

Introducing new foods to young birds is one of the best forms of starting to train your pet from my experiences. They are very curious birds, and every single IRN I have ever had, has followed its stomache, not its head.

Since its a new bird, hold your hand up for him to step up, and once on, immediately give him a grape... so on and so forth with other tricks.

Nothing better than an IRN, cept a well mannered one. heh
Bella

Post by Bella »

Fah wrote:They are very curious birds, and every single IRN I have ever had, has followed its stomache, not its head.

You should come meet my new boy then lol Ive never seen anything like it :? he will only eat if im well away from him like the other side of the room if i look at him he shakes only irn ive ever heard of not letting his belly do the thinking :shock:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)