What do you think

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

DEEDEE

What do you think

Post by DEEDEE »

As I live in the UK this might be a bit of a long shot. When I clean the cage out I throw the waste and left over food on the steps for the local wild life. This is one visitor I cannot put a type too. We are thinking Yellow Finch or Yellow Hammer but never seen one so Yellow, any ideas.

julie

Post by julie »

I cant really see it that well, its not a canary is it??
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

its wings look too dark and it looks rather long to be a canary. ive never seen a bird that yellow in the wild around here before though. im just trying to dig out my bird book.. ill have a look through it and post a bit later on
Bella

Post by Bella »

Could it be a yellow wagtail (Montacilla flava) http://www.birdsofbritain.co.uk/bird-gu ... agtail.asp
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

wahay, you beat me to it Bella. i was just about to suggest a Yellow Wagtail.

Pied or White Wagtail:
You might have seen these guys around (we get a lot in town) they are called Pied or White Wagtails, although i call them bobtails some times. The yellow ones would act near enough the same.

I did look at the Yellowhammer but i think its wings look darker and its chest isnt as bright as the bird in your photographs.

i have never seen a Yellow Wagtail before. they are pretty :D
Sorry about the quality of the pictures. had to photograph the book because my scanner doesnt want to work today :)
Bella

Post by Bella »

I used google ryelle lol :wink:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Wow, what ever it is, it sure is a beauty!

8)