Summarised catchup

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Summarised catchup

Post by kyria »

Hi all, Gosh I have been away so long, so much has happened and so many new faces .. Welcome to each and everyone of you.

Summary of whats been going on :-

Work
Family
Work
Work
fids
Work
Family
fids
Work ... lol

New outside cages off the windows of the back room for the fids, they love it, under the back verandah, just open the back rooms windows,open their cage door and they are inside. Very handy and they have safety, fresh air and sun and our company inside at the slide of a window.

Fids are doing so well, Jordy is my joy and fun, pickle is my little sneak, and Kai is my strong lovely Boy, Mickey she is so much more relaxed around us now. They are all so beautiful.

New fid, lovebird, rescue from a friends house, lost its partner so took him in with my stella and Jasper. His name is peaches and boy is he cheeky and playful, very tame, adores to perform for us, i even believe he says peaches, and kiss kiss in his own squeaky voice.

Two new cars, one we had to fly to sydney to drive home, got there and it had broken down, dramatic race home, only to have to fly up again the following weekend to pick it up once it was fixed. (Husbands new saab turbo aero 88 classic). The other is my 95 Saab aero turbo hatch, with all the extra's, black with black leather interior, 6 stack CD player, cruise control, climate control, remote keyless entry etc. etc. LOVE HER !!!! she is beautiful.

Bad weekend just gone, daughter was assaulted by boyfriend, put in hospital, bruises all over, stitches to her upper leg where he bottled her (drunken, drug rage that he doesn't remember) but is quite aware of since the police arrested him and released him on bail. So the past few days have been, police reports, magistrates court etc. etc. Trying to keep my stress levels under control so I can totally support my daughter through this hard time.

Had an offer to go work in Florida for my friends for 6 months, turned it down after much thought and desire to go for the experience, but know I am needed here so much by my family and fids.

News from my nephew that I gave one of the baby ringies (minikins) I hand raised. There was an accident, a fold up table fell from behind a door and killed gizmo :cry: and not long after that the neighbours children that I gave one of the other handraised baby (minkins) to came over extremely upset and said that their Elmo had suddenly got sick and died. :cry: :cry: .. our pickle is the only remaining baby from our kai and mickey

Basically thats it. Not much of a summary huh ! lol

Alot of you don't know me and probably aren't interested, but just for those that remember me when I graced the boards to the point of probably annoying every to death .. lol

Cheers !

If you want I would love a summary catchup of whats been happening with all of my friends here :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Bella

Post by Bella »

Wow what a time you have had hun sorry to hear about your daughter and the poor fids :cry: I hope you have better luck from now.

My little summery is billy has done a total u turn from a crazy wild little bird to jumping on my hand and not being afraid of bare arms and hands giving kisses (not only to me but baz and my sister :D ) he likes to hump me :? and also baz :lol: he is a pleasure now :) .
Im hoping to move house soon and once we are all settled id like to adopt another bird.
My little boy who is 7 months is growing so quick trying to walk and crawling everywhere and pulling himself up on anything he can lol im a nervous wreck :lol:
Thats about it :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Sounds like you lead a very busy life and never boring :D

Sorry to read about your daughters problems and hope life will turn around for you guys soon.

Best wishes for your daughter on a quick recovery.

:)
julie

Post by julie »

Hey long time no see :D I know what would fix the boyfriend problem :wink: glad everything else has been ok for you.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Nice to see you again. I send my best wishes to your daughter, and you can imagine the thoughts I might send 'his' way. :x

Peaches sounds grand, and I'm glad your other birdies are doing good as well. :D

Brief synopsis: I'm learning Croatian :shock: ; IRNs are great :D ; down to one budgie in the aviary though; my doggie, Geronimo, died :cry: . Besides that? work, sleep, work.

And I think I'm addicted to a game called FlyFF. :roll:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
bec

Post by bec »

OMG what is it with daughters boyfriends last weekend?
my daughter was assaulted by hers on saturday
heart felt wishes to you & your family
i understand the stress your feeling

new stuff here new baby General settling in well
kieron and riku are realy coming on in talking
they are all keeping me sane at the momment

your new
fid sounds delightful & the car sounds sooooooo cool!!

i hope your daughter feels better soon
best wishes!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

i havent been posting as much lately either lol. im in a "hate all men" mood at the moment lol, so i curse both your daughters boyfriends. keep them safe.

umm, update on my life lol.

well i moved house a week ago, and the animals (especially Spit) are loving it. its brighter, and more airy, and warmer than the last, and theres so much bird life its unreal! Spits talking non-stop. head butting his bell and shouting "TOOOYYY" like we dont know what it is, every single damn time he touches it lol. hes also talking and doing his 'hello display' (mini trance dance) to new people that come in, which is totally bizarre for him.

hes going backwards on his training though. he wont let us come near the cage anymore without running away. i can coax him to the front of the cage after a while of talking but thats it.

we are also considering getting another fid friend for him next year. Apart from that there isnt much.

im suffering from a big bit of depression atm (happens a lot, and im not wanting sympathy lol) so i dont think ill be posting a lot. itll all blow over soon :D

so yeah, thats where ive gone hehe. hope everyones well
bec

Post by bec »

thanks for the curses ryelle ( i know that sounds weird but it feels so right :roll: )

i am doing everything in my power to keep my baby girl safe (shell kill me for calling her that) & i know kyria will do the same for hers

i hope you feel better soon but until you do
enjoy all the silliness spit is giving you............after all they do say laughter is the best medicine
id love to see his hello display it sounds wonderful to be greeted like that instead of the usual "i know youve been shopping wheres my treats screams i get (and they wonder why i make a coffee before i give them anything)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

im back, and sort of on top of the world atm. lol im so up and down its annoying. ill try catch a video of spit doing his hello dance lol. it wont have any sound tho cus my camera is stupid :(
bec

Post by bec »

i know the feeling ryelle im so tired just from keeping up with the moods swings from my kids latey but saw spts new vid & pics on the cloths horse
classic :lol:
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

My heavens Angie...you do know how to keep your life interesting! My life has calmed down....but I don't remember when I last updated, so..... moved down to San Diego to take a new job in August, lived in corp housing with some of the fids for a couple of months while a friend babysat the rest, bought a new house in October, built an enormous aviary -- moved in all of the fids, cats think the new house (and stairs) are the coolest thing ever, birds love being outside and able to fly. So far, the neighbors think the birds singing at all hours are fun (who knew that a plane or helicopter might look enough like the sun for us to all wake up). Still loving the new job. Just got a new car last week. Not calling it a mid life crisis --new town, job, house and car, but I think I am over it now. Bird count hovering around fifty -- all healthy and happy.
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:shock: Oh Angie! What a stressful time for you. I'd be pulling my hair out. But sounds like there is balance in your life. My best wishes to your daughter, the boyfriend needs a good.. er.. dare I say.. castration. :twisted:
Oh no, Sorry the minikins passed away. :( Fly free lil chickies. I hope Kai and Mickey bring some more bubs!

Not much happening over here. Have the opportunity to go up to QLD next month with my partner to see his family. But turned it down because I was addimant I'd get this job I ended up having 2 interviews for. Well, turns out I didnt get it and I still have to go in there every week.. as it was at the employment agency I see my consultant at! :x So back to square one again. Chickies are doing fine. I think Yodas a girl and shes the one trying to 'woo' Jibby! Yodas still a bossy lil monster but has settled down a bit lately and even let me kiss the belly today! This only happened because I helped her/him free from my tangled hair in the shower.. I think he was a little greatful for my help. I'll take it as a thankyou! :lol:
Thats about all I can think of..
Stick around Angie. We miss you!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Hey kyria been along time is good to know you are okay, hope to have you around here again soon.
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Oh bec what is going on .. well shanah is physically recovered well, emotionally I think so but we never know what they carry. she is more concerned that he gets help, but they don't associate anymore.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Julie... believe me my hubby has the same thoughts. The police asked me how my husband was when they were taking statements. I told them what he wanted to do and they replied .. "Well sometimes a man just needs to protect his family" in other words .. they were not suggesting it but would turn a blind eye.

:roll: sadly its all these kinds of people understand. But alcohol, hooch and a bad past life with a father that committed suicide hasn't help to mould him into a good person. I pray for him.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Ryelle I hope your depression has eased. Hugs
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Catschair .. omg ! wow .. life sure is a whirlwind for you .. fifty ? ouch ! but cool :D
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Well, I may have one or two over 50 now......
Last week I got Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry
and Lara and Yuri Image
Good thing I built a big aviary!
MCS
Ed Loschi

Hey Kyria.

Post by Ed Loschi »

Hey Kyria,

Nice to hear from you and good to hear that kids, fids and things in general are doing ok.