Name change suggestions..

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Name change suggestions..

Post by Lauren »

Hi all.
Well 'Yoda' is around 18 months now and for about a year now I've really being considering changing his name. It just doesnt fit his personality and I dont think he'd mind. lol. This change will be his 'forever' name.

So I want something that would fit Yodas personality. Ideas? Hes bossy, hes a leader, he confident, yet occasionally timid, hes adventurous, hes curious, never cautious and a hes a bit of a motormouth. Complete opposite of Jibby.

I have thought of a few that I like..

Aero (I just like!)
Piglet (adventurous but weary lil pig, I sometimes call him this)
Chaos (well, he causes alot of it hehe)
Jet (sometimes reminds me of jetplane when hes flying around the house)
Oscar (the grouch)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

Aero

Or maybe Ares?

Like the god of war since he is adventrues and bossy :wink:

but he could turn to be a "she" :D
-Justin
Lene

Post by Lene »

When I had a HUGE amount of rats, they all had names after the line of Julius Ceasar... Before and after...

Maybe if you like a certain culture or country, you can search for names you like...
Cheers

Lene
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

haha i have been meaning to change my birds name because Birdbird was meant to be a temporary :shock: till i thought of something but it has just stuck haha :lol: plus now he says it... I like Jet and piglet for some reason.. and i love the name chaos as for thats what i named my dog except with a 'K' :lol: oh and believe me she lives up to it ! :roll: :lol:
Let us know on what you choose-
Reearn nd Birdbird
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

piglet is UBER cute!!!

i like chaos too. in ur sig pic he/she (ill call him he for now lol) does look like he could case a bit of it, but get away with it cus he is so damn cute! looks like a cheeky one :D ^_^

my friend has a cat called Yoda though and i think its a cool name
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Oh gosh, I didnt even think of any girls names, hehe, thanks Justin, shows where my mindset is! :roll: My partner has banned me from using the name 'Aurora' for a girl, if we ever have children. :( So my first female bird will be called that! :lol:
I think Jibby should of been called 'Yoda' hes the old wise one, bit of a know it all. I just want something that fits the lil monster, you know?
Thanks all, Some ideas to think about! :D
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

Careful with naming a pet with a name you like but your mate doesn't. I always loved the name Breagha (Bree-ah) for a girl but my hubby said no. Got a pooch and named her Breagha. Name grew on hubby and now he likes it as a name for a child! But no way I'm going to have a baby girl and name her after our dog. :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: That would be right! hehe.
Well, my partners into some weird names that I dislike immensely! I guess were going to have problems when it comes to naming a child haha. And hes got a Ziah (girl) and Xabian (boy) in his family. :roll:
I ain't giving up on Aurora though, its a name Ive kept since childhood that I just keep liking more and more.. (My all time fave story tale, sleeping beautys name haha) The name will be close to me either avian or human child! :lol:
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

http://www.birdbytes.com/names.html
Haha i hope that link works -
Hey i had a quick ganda at some places for names, this site seems pretty alright, ya never know ya might find something that stands out to you... i didnt mind a few names in there -
i did come up wit some names but...
Boss
Bravo
and Chev (as in the car)
they were names i ran through when i got my dog lol
Hope it helps :D
Reearn nd Birdbird
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Jet is pretty nice!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Well, I should really start thinking of girls names too, as Yoda has been very 'girly' lately and exciting Jibby with 'her' cooing/clucking with head back stance. :shock: But it seems Yoda is only teasing him, because 'he/she' only lets him get so close. :roll: I must get a video of this and you'll definately think Yodas a lil teasing girl! But he/she still confuses me.
bec

Post by bec »

judging by the personality description you gave i have a suggestion for a girls name Ella
there have been a few ive known (people wise) over the years and your description of yoda matched most of them
plus it has the most beautiful meaning that suits yoda too (i think)
it either means little friend
or beautiful fairy maiden ( well ok imp would probably be closer)
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Hee hee, Charlie Parker has been both Piglet and Oscar-the-Grouch a lot lately as well. Spring has sprung here and someone is only interested in eating and complaining. Loudly on both accounts. Oddly enough, we almost never call him by his name--usually just 'Hey Birdie!' or 'Pookie Bird!'

PS--Keep fighting for Aurora--it's a lovely name.
leo

Post by leo »

i think yoda is a a girl...

i love piglet, i feel the rest is nice, but isn't cute...

if he turnout to be a boy, it also sound nice for a litle cute boy...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
bec

Post by bec »

i agree with leo on the piglet too! also as you already call him that occasionaly it would make the transition easier
its definitly a winner in my books for either gender!!!