PLEASE HELP

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

PLEASE HELP

Post by alana8819 »

anyone in the Lismore NSW area please keep a look out for cookie, he got outside today at midday and flew off we found him a few times but he got scared and flew away, we have searched all over the property and have made up posters and put an add in the newspaper if anyone see's him and is able to catch him there is a cash reward, he is hand tame and should come if you call his name and tell him to hop on. we love him so much and just want him home safe and sound.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Awww im so sorry to hear, i hope someone finds him.
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh no Cookie!!! :cry: Remember to leave his cage and toys outside, maybe he will see them and come home. Sounds like your doing all you can right now. Wishing him well, and I hope he returns soon! :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thanks guys yeah cage and toys are outside, all the lights outside are on its so cold and raining here i am so worried. i cant believe he got out my partner had the door open for a split second i was in another room i am so anal about the doors being closed he feels terrible but i dont blame him cookie has never even attempted to go out before. we found him and he went to fly to us but the native birds scared him away, i just want him home he's my little baby i dont know what i'll do without him, i hope he comes back or someone finds him :cry:
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

if you can go out in the rain, you might be able to find him, i dont think birds are the best flyers while they are soaking wet.

prayers out to you, hope you find your little baby
Sharlene and Amazon
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

that is terrible to hear :cry: very sad my best wishes to u... hoping cookie turns up safe nd sound... i know the feeling of being so helpless!! keep us updated.. goodluck
Reearn nd Birdbird
bec

Post by bec »

our prayers are with you. i wish we could do more hope he comes home soon
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

I wish i could help

Just be strong!!

I will be thinking you guys!
-Justin
Bella

Post by Bella »

My thoughts are with you i'll keep my fingers crossed that you find your baby x
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
nil

Post by nil »

i am so sorry to hear it, i hope someone finds him soon. :(
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

hows the search going, heard anything or seen him at all
Sharlene and Amazon
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thank you so much everyone.
havent heard him or seen him since the kookaburras gave him a scare, we've been searching and calling to him all day, there is just so much property that isnt walkable with steep drops it has been pouring down and was so windy, today has been horrible its just not the same without him so quite i cant stop crying i just hope someone has found him and will bring him back to us we're going to put posters up in all the vets and pet stores tomorrow and do some more letterbox drops. i miss him so much.
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

I am so sorry, you are doing all you can but just know we are thinking of you and all hoping for the best. Good luck and take care!!
-Chamon-

riantango08

Post by riantango08 »

im so sorry that cookie has got out, i nearly cried when i read your post, i know how you feel i felt the same way when my cockatiel got out.
i hope all goes well and you find your baby.
keep us posted

brooke
nil

Post by nil »

maybe alana to make few posters with your details and a photo of cookie and post it around in neighbour, maybe someone had found him
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Alana

So sorry to hear about Cookie... Hope you find him safe and well.

Have you contacted the RSPCA? A lot of people will call them to let them know they have found a tame bird.

That's what happened with Cory, my Corella. When Cory flew away I was as devastated as you, and I did all the things recommended... I got several calls from the RSPCA about Corellas, but none of them was Cory, untill a Friday afternoon, where someone had spotted a Corella in the paddock behind their house. The RSPCA put me through to the people, and I drove up there, and it was indeed Cory! He had been away for a whole week...
Cheers

Lene
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thanks lene thats a good idea, i have put flyers in all the letter boxes around us a few streets either way with our details and photos of cookie put posters up at all the bus stops the little store the hall the church all the vets and pet stores and have called a few neighbours there are apparently people on the property behind us who own and raise alot of birds so i am hoping he has heard the birds and flown their and is safe and sound and will be returned to us soon, i would give anything in this world to have him back again.
thankyou all for your kind words i will keep you posted.
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I wish I can help, but Im far away from where you live alana.. All I can do is pray for his safety and hope he will be found soon!

Hopefully when he got hungry he will get back to his cage. Whats cookie's favourite treat? Have you tried putting it outside?
Bella

Post by Bella »

Is there any news yet? :(
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

no nothing yet. yeah i pput grapes and orange out for him but the wild birds eat it.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

alana8819 wrote:no nothing yet. yeah i pput grapes and orange out for him but the wild birds eat it.

oh dear, silly wild birds :P

Sending you lots of love from new zealand, hope your baby comes home
Sharlene and Amazon
bec

Post by bec »

any news?
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( Oh darlin, *My thoughts are with you*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

no news i dont think we will get him back now all i can do is pray he is happy and healthy i will never forget you cookie you'll always be my blue winged angel
Miss_kaos

Post by Miss_kaos »

yeh it doesnt look good does it :shock: ... but hey u never know maybe a year later he could turn up - but still.... jus hope someone has found him and he is being cared for or he's surviving..
my deepest sympathy :cry:
Just gotta keep your chin up and carry on... never to be forgotton-forever in your heart.

all love from Birdbird and Reearn
Reearn nd Birdbird
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

alana8819 wrote:no news i dont think we will get him back now all i can do is pray he is happy and healthy i will never forget you cookie you'll always be my blue winged angel

awww im sorry to hear, lots of loves from Amazon, Sharlene.

Keep him in your heart. post photos in the rainbow room
Sharlene and Amazon
Oliver and Justin

I am so sorry

you have no idea

I know what its like to loose something so close to you

Reminds me of my jake

YOu keep your chin up and if you need to talk im here
-Justin
Oliver and Justin

Still thinking about you alana!

Stay strong!

Have you heard anything.

Or has it seemed to go to a quiet.

sorry to bring up bad memorys :oops:

Just was thinking about you.
-Justin
wishkah lady

Post by wishkah lady »

I am new here and I have only been an IRN mommy for a week. I know how attached I am to Indy in only a week. I can not imagine how you feel about Cookie and him lost for a long time.

Have you talked to the people behind you that raise a lot of birds? Maybe Cookie flew there and he is safe and sound there.

I do hope he comes home. I am so sorry and my prayers are with you and Cookie.
~~~ Pauline - IRN mommy to Indy -short for Indiana Jones, the adventurer!
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

hey everyone no news on cookie.
hey justin you're right mate no bad memories glad you were thinking of us.
i am still devastated but at least i have my millions of pics and memories i'll never forget him he was the light of my life all i can do is pray someone found him and are treating him like the little prince he is. i will be hand raising indian ringnecks and helping my parents hand raise the alex babies this year my parents have told me i can keep one of the babies if i want so i will see how i feel when the time comes, no bird will ever replace my baby but after knowing the joy they bring i would love another eventually.
thank you all for your kind words and warm wishes may you all enjoy long lives with your babies