Percy is going to school

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Clare

Percy is going to school

Post by Clare »

I am a prep teacher and the class decided to get a pet, and chose a bird. I had all of the accessories and cage already and all I needed was the bird. After lots of searching around here for a hand raised bird with no luck I realised I could take one of my own. Which works out better for me, because now I can spend all day with Percy. He will come home on weekends and I haven't decided about whether to take him home each night aswell. Luckily I only live a few hundred metres from my school.

And if he is too noisy or we don't want him in the room any more he can move home. He loves pats and constant attention, so he is going to love it.

Last edited by Clare on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

beautiful!

Is percy male or female?
-Justin
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

What a lovely nature, how old is he, he looks young
Sharlene and Amazon
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Woah lucky Percy! Kids will love him. I remember we had pet budgies in prep and we had a nest box set up, they had babies and it was soo exciting. hehe. Personally I'd take him home at night. Thats just me, I'd be too worried about something happening to him overnight. We once lived across the road from a school (my primary) and their pets we stolen. :( Sorry for the horror story. Gosh, I get worried leaving my birds alone at home. I'm always thinking, did I leave anything on that will cause a fire? I'm paranoid haha.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Clare

Post by Clare »

As far as I know Percy is Female and about 18 mths old. She does the head back, clucking thing for a pat - constantly!!!

I think I will take her home each night Lauren. The school is alarmed so I am not worried about theft, but if there was a fire or somehow a snake I would be devastated. Plus I bet I will miss her.
Clare

Post by Clare »

I just read my original post and it has 'he' all through it. I guess cos we wanted male birds we refer to both our birds as he, but Percy definately shows female behaviours.
Lene

Post by Lene »

I just love the hockey picture... It looks like he's just set it up, and checking the distances are right... What a cutie..

Oh, yes... please take him home at night... Most birds go to the same place to roost at night time, unless they're migrating.
Cheers

Lene
Donna

Post by Donna »

Clare Percy is a cutie! But yes like others said take her home at night you don't know what the janitors clean with and mop the floors with. Better to be safe then sorry.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both