Had a bad couple of weeks

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

laine

Had a bad couple of weeks

Post by laine »

Hello all. I have had a bad couple of weeks, hence my reason for not being around. I lost my job and have been really down and depressed. I left on very bad terms with the boss so getting a reference is proving to be hard. Well, I am starting to get over it and being a bit more proactive regarding finding another job. I have a few interviews lined up over the next few days so fingers crossed :) .
Smokey has loved having me home though. He loves it that he is out of his cage almost all day. I have been making jewellery, as therapy & relaxation, which Smokey loves to "help" with. He keeps running off with the beads and laughs at me, he thinks it's a great joke.
Today was funny, we had a new lounge suite delivered. We have had it on order for 3 months as it was a special order, I was so excited. There were a few problems (that's another story). All worked out in the end though. I kept Smokey in his cage as firstly I didn't want him in the way and secondly I knew he would be frightened of the men and all the strange activity. The suite was delivered this afternoon and Smokey didn't approve. When the men were coming in he started going off. "What you doin?" over and over with the occassional very loud "WHAT THE !!!" in between. It was really funny and the delivery guys thought it was very funny too. Once it was over I let Smokey out of his cage but he didn't calm down for ages. He kept on yelling at the new suite "what you doin" 'WHAT THE'. It has been quite a few hours now and he still doesn't approve. He won't go near it which is not good as he won't come to me whilst I am sitting on it :lol: Silly bird.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Good to hear things are improving on the home front. Hope something comes of your interviews

:)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:( I am so sorry to hear about your job. I recently went through the same thing. Thought I had a job, but no. Took a couple of weeks to build confidence again. I wish you all the best with the interviews. Goodluck!!

Glad to hear Smokeys enjoying spending time with you. Jewelley making is a great hobby to do with the fids. haha.

Ooo new furniture!! Feels so good to have a new couch huh! Thats something we are looking at after we move. We really don't have anything! Were still in the 'hand me downs from parents' furniture stage. Need something more my style!

hehe Silly Smokey! I always find it funny when a repair man comes over. The birds go nuts! Must be the uniforms. The last computer technician that came over was wearing the worst possible colours to wear around the birds... fluro orange!! The poor man was probably deaf when we left. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
nil

Post by nil »

i hope you find a better job soon and then smokey will be a jeweller :)
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

sorry to hear about your bad run.
smokey sounds adorable how funny.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Hi Laine

So sorry to hear about your 'bad run'... I had one of those about 5 years ago, where I went into deep depression for a whole year. Absolutely no confidence... Shut myself in my house and stayed there...

Good for you that you're getting proactive, and going for interviews.

When I finally got out of my shell, I found a great job as a carer for the intellectually disabled... I'm still pretty much a hermit, but at least I go out to work... My social life is my birds, children and grandchildren.

Wishing you all the best.
Cheers

Lene