Bird vs Boyfriend LOL

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

laine

Bird vs Boyfriend LOL

Post by laine »

Smokey likes the sound of my partner's name and has, therefore, learnt to say it. His name is Brett. Kind of rolls off Smokey's tongue quite easily. Doesn't sound that funny really except that Smokey elongates the 'e' and sort of whines when he says it. It sounds like Breeeeeeeeeeett. He usually tilts his head to one side when he says it. I think it is quite cute and funny as it really annoys Brett. Smokey also likes, and has perfectly copied, Brett's mobile phone ring. Smokey therefore calls out for Brett (Breeeeeeeeeeeeett) and if there is no response he rings him up. :lol: Well in the process of teaching Smokey to say "Brett" I also managed to "teach" Brett to answer Smokey so that he will associate saying Brett with seeing/hearing Brett. I asked Brett to answer Smokey each time he calls for him and eventually Smokey will know what Brett means. I have been told by my son that when I am out of the house and Smokey starts ringing Brett or calling out for him, that Brett actually answers, :lol: Silly Brett for co operating. :lol:
Well tonight I was really laughing because Smokey started 'Breeeeeett' and then Brett would say 'what' This went on and on. Brett got sick of it before Smokey and his replies became a little louder and more stern. At one point, which was the funny part, Brett tried to finish the pointless banter by snapping in a loud voice 'WHAT' to which Smokey replied like he had never before 'BRETT, BRETT, BRETT' short, sharp and very loud as if he was yelling back at him. Smokey has never said his name properly (short sound Brett) which was amazing in itself but to say it 3 times in a sarcastic tone, was hysterical. To top it all off, Brett was the one who got offended, being spoken to by a bird in that tone !!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Who's the silly one.
celtic_aura

Post by celtic_aura »

I'd say Brett is the silly one, but I'm partial to birds. :D
We had a European starling that used to say my hubby's full name. "Hi, this is Jason McKie" cracked me up every time!
julie

Post by julie »

Last edited by julie on Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Men huh! hehe

Yoda has learned my partners name too *ROOOOOOREEEEEEEE*and calls to him from the bathroom followed by a wolf whistle. :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thats hilarious :lol: my partner is the same except he will tell cookie uh uh or no and cookie will do it back to him in an angry voice and growl never does it to me :lol:
laine

Post by laine »

Sounds like our feathered friends like to tease even irritate our partners. I am, sometimes, convinced of this.
GreenJenny

Post by GreenJenny »

Nice story.
My ringneck Jenny would act friendly to my boyfriend and perch on his shoulder just to crap there, then she would fly away from his shoulder after sharing some of her crap, and I was like LMAO!! what a bird!!
Melika

Post by Melika »

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it :D :D :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
KellieH

Post by KellieH »

LOL arent birds the greatest!! We have only heard a squeak of a wolf whistle out of Fonz,among other squarks, but he's only young, oh how I would love for him to play tricks on my BF!! :)
tat2edjenn

Post by tat2edjenn »

THAT IS HILARIOUS :lol:
~~JENN AND SAM~~

bec

Post by bec »

it almost makes me wish i had a partner just so i could add my tales on here
cheeky bird :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

omg this is the funniest thing ive ever read!! im crying with laughter whilst reading it out to my boyfriend. hes laughing too (hes usually miserable so its a good sign! lol). Spit hasnt learnt to say our names yet, although i was going to teach him my boyfriends name the other day to annoy him a bit :D

...im more tempted now :lol: