Do your birds like music?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Kristen

Do your birds like music?

Post by Kristen »

Mine love it. Donovan gets all snuggly when I put on Donovan's greatest hits, especially Mellow Yellow..(the song I named him after :p) and Ringo likes the Beatles (not kidding here) and dances to a remix album I have of David Crowder Band's.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Yoda loves Michael Buble and Bob Marley, I sing along to '3 Little Birds' by Bob Marley all day. LOL. I also put on some kids songs and sing along.. no I don't just listen to the 'Cuppycake' song coz I like it.. hahaha, I'm hopeing Yoda picks up the songs and starts singing too! The neighbours probably think I'm nuts. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Well, if the statement "you are what you eat" is true, then your birds are probably mostly nuts. Donno about you :p I'll have to try Bob Marley...Three little birds? XD My birds have decided that "I'll fly away" by Jars of Clay and "Time for me to fly" by REO Speedwagon are their favorite songs. :p
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Yoda likes 'Come fly with me' Cover by Michael Buble. lol. I know Yoda loves music because he perks up and starting talking, but Jibby likes to keep the house as quiet as possible. He growls if somethings too noisy. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

:D Hane loves Buble and Andrea Bocelli quite a lot.

They love anything classical or older, like Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, etc. ^_^

So do I! 8)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julie

Post by julie »

Indie loves one of the guns n roses songs, I cant think off the top of my head what its called but it has a part where they whistle. And also a good Charlotte song where they say step up step up.
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

They also like this Enya cd my brother gave me and "Daintree Dreamtime" which is basically a recording of an Australian rainforest. Buble covered a Maroon 5 song. *dies* Great...this is all your guy's fault you know. *can't stop listening to it :p* It sounds all wrong! My brother has a band (we pretty much have a studio in our basement with a drumset, guitars, organ etc) and whenever they practice, my birds start screaming to drown them out. Oooh, I wonder if they like swing music...I don't want to see if they like classical or not because I don't like it. :p
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

every time i play guitar

oliver paces back and fourth and yells :D
-Justin
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

What type of guitar do you have? *likes guitars* :p
that's funny...none of my birds like metal = why I don't really listen to it that much anymore. Oooh, they like the red hot chilis too.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

cookie loves scotty doesnt know off road trip and most old 80's music he likes rammstein tries really hard to hear what they are saying :lol:
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

my babes love jack johnson, and some jazz. 8)
~the stubborn one~
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Mine even like it when I sing (and nobody in their right mind would call that music :shock: )
MCS
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

yea i have a couple fender strats, gibson les paul and a flying v

oliver likes Stevie Ray Vaughan i think the best
-Justin
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Les Paul? No way! *dies* I only have a takamine acoustic electric...blah.

they like Electric Light Orchestra. Especially the stuff off of Xanadu. I do too. :p My birds have good taste. XD
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Amazon likes music he is usally quiet until the evening or music is on, he doesnt dance he tries to make his song louder
Sharlene and Amazon
Bella

Post by Bella »

Billy loves david bowie we always play him 3 tracks from the labyrinth ost (Chilly down, As the world falls and magic dance) he gets all puffed up and relaxed as soon as they come on. :D :D
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Mine would listen to it seriously...
Melika

Post by Melika »

Bella wrote:Billy loves david bowie we always play him 3 tracks from the labyrinth ost (Chilly down, As the world falls and magic dance) he gets all puffed up and relaxed as soon as they come on. :D :D

:lol: Hane too.

And they especially love it when my sister plays the piano. They sing and sing. I think my sister plays some old records (yeah, the big black vinyl things that spin, lol) for Tsume when he's up in the room. ^_^

Of course, they love Strauss and Gershwin. And Matchbox 20. o_O
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
bec

Post by bec »

larissa says riku likes fallout boy & my chemical romance (well we know she likes to eat posters of them ) i dont know music wise with kieron as i havent played music much for him but i know he gets really excited when he hears the start of judge judy he rushes to the side of the cage where he can see the telly and yells to get my attention & when the adds come on he tells the telly off til she comes back
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Charlie Parker loves to sing along with Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Hagen :shock: and likes to shake his little birdie butt to Ike & Tina Turner :lol: . My first degree is in piano and he insists on jumping on my hands and/or the keyboard when I play--I'm not sure if that is positive or negative criticism, or just his way of joining in for a duet. He is very confused by organ music (my minor instrument.)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

haha fallout boy is good. Spit's in to the later end of Pendulum's Hold Your Colour (drum and bass), and loves the whole of Linkin Park - Meteora and Nickelback's All The Right Reasons. He also likes a few songs by In Flames. My birds a dirty metalhead :D :D

He never stops tweeting. just puffs up, sits on his butt, and doesnt shut up lol. If he doesnt like it he mostly growls but also screams until you turn it over. I wish he'd dance though :(
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

I've found hemi seems to like anything doof doof.. which kinda sucks for him because I don't :D He also likes piano music actually,
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

My next door neighbor is a (semi) famous rock musician and had quite the jam session yesterday/last night. We can now add hardcore industrial guitar rock to Charlie Parker's list of favorite music. Me I'm not so sure. :?