MBS!!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

MBS!!!!

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

oh i went to the store to get the babes some toys and treats and i wandered back into the bird room...and there still is the lone IRN female who is green. She perked up SOOOO much when she saw me. It seriously broke my little heart to leave her but i just can't get another fid right now. I felt like crying when i left. She pulled out all the stops that Lou did when I got him, ugh...i'm such a sucker. :cry:
~the stubborn one~
Donna

Post by Donna »

OH come on Gwennie whats one more going to hurt :P You can do it!!!

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Yeah! I have four...all crammed in my room with me (And they're gonna had baby birdies! and I wanna get a Sun Conure sooooooo bad) :p It can't be THAT bad, and the more the merrier. Your 'bird buying support group' is here to rescue you. :p
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Oh you know you want it. No pressure here. hehe.
I want a bird of every Psittacula species, Lovebirds, Sun Conures, Hyacinth Mac, Vos Ekkies or any Ekkie really, Hawk Headed, oh and a male peacock lol.. all in my dreams! :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I made a list :p Maybe I should grow a rainforest in my room/aviary now. XD
Moluccan Cockatoo
Fig parrot
Blue and Gold macaw
Sun conure
Hyacinth macaw
scarlet macaw
Crimson rosella
Peach faced lovebird
Some Kind of Amazon
Illiger's Macaw
Rainbow Lorikeet
Fairy lorkieet
Electus parrot
Pink Cockatoo
Sulphur crested cockatoo
Umbrella cockatoo
Hawk Headed Parrot
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Love the Red tailed Black Cockys, Palm Cockys and Gang gang Cockys.. Oh we are such teasers here. LOL. MBS is a serious illness and should be recognised. There is no cure! Realistically, more birds means more work. Just not enough hours in the day!!!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

I started with a loooong list but after a year or so I managed to cut it down to birds I could actually deal with and raise properly:

male green-wing macaw
male vos ekkie
male military macaw

Now that I have Hane, the military comes off the list (replaced by Hane).

So the two birds that pull at me the most are the green-wing and vos ekkie. I nearly die when I see one in the paper that needs a home. :cry:

But I know I can't have one yet. So I wait and do research on them and other birds. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Come on Gwen....I just got a new ringie...two are no more work than one (well....maybe you buy that one). Come on....Santa got him as close to your house as he could.
MCS
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I got to play with a tame red tail black cockatoo at a breeders once, they are so magestic, gentile and loving creatures. Just amazing. I love their faces and that stubby but very wide beak. I could pull his head against my chest and he nuzzled into me making loving noises. Gosh it was hard to leave.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless