HELP! Chick fell out of the nest!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

HELP! Chick fell out of the nest!

Post by Lauren »

As I was cleaning the cages a minute ago, a baby bird, not sure of the species, looks almost feathered, fell from the roof onto the balcony!!! Mummy bird is trying to feed it some grubs at the moment. As its constantly calling for its Mum or Dad. I don't want to touch it because the parents obviously know its there as they are feeding it. But I don't want it to fall down even more off the balcony and I can't get up to the roof to put it back in the nest. What to do??? RSPCA isnt open until tomorrow. :( :cry:

Edit: Found out what it is, its a Little Wattlebird. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Gosh darlin thats a hard one. I would probably just leave it to nature sweetie. I know its aweful but what else can you do if you can't reach it and can't really do much to help even if you could :(
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Agreed, as long as mum and dad are feeding and know where he is I would leave him too
-Chamon-

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Good news, after a few ours (of being a little stunned I think) the little guy took a flying leap across the tree a couple of metres from the balcony. I got it wrong! I thought it fell off the roof but there is a nest in the tree outside the balcony, few metres away, aaand the little fledgling probably took its first flight right into our balcony window. :shock: We seem to attract all the birds to our windows. :? So I feel happy to know, hes back with his Mummy Wattlebird. Just hope the next flight doesn't end up on our balcony again! Worse yet, next doors balcony because they have cats. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

*wipes a tear from her eye* I love happy endings!! *sobs*
-Chamon-