cookie is growing up

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

cookie is growing up

Post by alana8819 »

he is finally letting me pat him on the beak and top of the head although if i pat too long he lays on his side and growls at me then bobs his head up and down so funny. he has learnt to say hello cookie, pretty boy, what chya doing, good boy, he barks like our neighbours dogs, has a wicked evil laugh, purs, sneezes, and makes a variety of bird noises :D i'm so proud of my buby especially since good boy pretty boy and watch ya doing he started learnt in one week :D :D
Donna

Post by Donna »

Yep once they learn something you can't shut them up. I made a huge mistake with my Cockatoo, I have a stuffed dog that barks Christmas songs and now I have the best barking dog with feathers :shock:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
julie

Post by julie »

cool. They do learn pretty quick and they pick up all the things you dont want them to. oh and they mix the words in together too.
Lene

Post by Lene »

Yep, I always have to be on top of my kids, when they visit... I don't want my birds to pick up on their swear words.

English is my second language, so swearing - especially in English - doesn't happen with me.

My Quaker - Shrek - says a polite 'thank you!' when I put a treat in his bowl.

Paulie, my IRN, is starting to make different sounds, that could be mistaken for words.
Cheers

Lene
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

yeah definitely dont want cookie to swear but we rarely do so wont be a problem, my parents got four alexandrines that say f off they learnt it from their previous owner :lol: lene do your birds speak in your first language, what do you speak if you dont mind me asking, it would sound awesome.
Melika

Post by Melika »

That's so wonderful! Hard work really does pay off in the end. :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay