vic floods

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

vic floods

Post by alana8819 »

hey everyone one in victoria hope all is well and none of you are caught up in the floods the world is going crazy with this weather
julie

Post by julie »

I hope everyone is ok. We have had rain non stop for the last 3 days.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

South Gippy got its fair share of Wet, alot of stuff blown around, branches down all over, but not as bad as Cumberland River and places along the Great Ocean Road.

We do really need the rain, but not the devestation that can come from flash floods.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i totally agree every where needs the rain but mother nature doesn't seem to know how to do things in moderation one minute we're in the middle of a horrible drought the next there's flash flooding and severe storms. lismore weather is crazy one day its 35 the next its 15 :roll: oh well glad to here that no one was too devastated by the floods
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

my blessings are with you!

Imran
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hope everyone is safe and did not loose anything. Not flooded in the suburbs, thankgod! But.. our roof is looking quite dangerous at the moment! Its sinking and bubbled up, could cave in any minute. I got onto the real estate weeks ago about leaks, no luck with them! The last roof guy didn't finish the job! Last weeks soaking really has made it an urgent matter of safety! Why in the world do people build with flat tin roofs? :? (Atleast now, that the ceiling is completely falling apart, they can't tell where the birds have chewed around the ceiling :twisted: hehe)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

Lauren wrote:Hope everyone is safe and did not loose anything. Not flooded in the suburbs, thankgod! But.. our roof is looking quite dangerous at the moment! Its sinking and bubbled up, could cave in any minute. I got onto the real estate weeks ago about leaks, no luck with them! The last roof guy didn't finish the job! Last weeks soaking really has made it an urgent matter of safety! Why in the world do people build with flat tin roofs? :? (Atleast now, that the ceiling is completely falling apart, they can't tell where the birds have chewed around the ceiling :twisted: hehe)

:shock: Originally, flat roofs were supposed to have water on top to help cool the home. But most aren't built properly these days; or maintenance is lacking. But mostly they aren't done right. I surly hope it doesn't cave in! (does insurance cover that...? lol)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

We live on the top floor of a block of units built in the 70s. Soo old I think they should rebuild the whole block instead of renovating bits and pieces. Last roof guy only patched up next doors roof (after falling through into next doors unit) when he was supposed to do the whole block! Aparently the landlord was really angry, was planning on redoing the staircase but is spending the money on the roof again. Cannot wait till March 08, lease is up! Woohoo! Don't care where, just was a house with a slanted roof and enough room to put the fids.. that all! hehe

We don't have insurance.. probably should take some out huh! Not much here to insure though, birds and their cages? :? Birds are in a 'safe' area, the roof above them looks okay. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

You would have plenty to insure Lauren, when you look at all your belonings and think about how much it would cost to buy new stuff all in one go. It really adds up. We have house and contents insurance and all up it cost $54 per month (thats with the house insured aswell).