Southern California Fires

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

catschair2

Southern California Fires

Post by catschair2 »

Seems like half of the state is on fire (especially down here in San Diego). Fids and I are fine -- how about the rest of the "locals"--Imran? Don??, etc??? (sorry if I just called you etc.....it is past my bedtime!)
MCS
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yes, how are you all coping? I saw it on the news here. Homes up in fire, right down to the beach? :( Take care of yourselves and the fids for us!

Could be a sign of things to come this summer downunder? :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

As much as its a part of life I still hate the bush fires. I just hope it wasnt purposely lit.
nil

Post by nil »

i hope you be fine
is very tragedy all these fires all over the world all the times
after few years we ll havent air to breath, water to drink.
it is so pity our world destroyed by human.
in summer in greece have a lot of fires, more than 30.000.000.000 m2 fired here only this year.
i cant understand how usa send people and machines in space, make wars all over the world and cant arrange these fires :o
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hey,

Catschair, thanks for asking! I am doing well. I was just gunna message you to make sure you were well too! I was out till 1am last night recording the fires on my camcorder. Everything around us has burned and the air is smokey. I have brought all my birds in the house.

How are things down in San Diego? I know last night the winds kicked up—anyone around you lose their house? Hope all is well with all our members in SoCal!

Best Wishes,

Imran
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

So far, so good. My corp housing is in La Jolla and the new house just a little south of there. It would really be horrid to have it burn down before I even unpack :shock: . I know fires are a normal part of life here, but I don't remember a year where it was nearly this bad. They closed our site again for tomorrow and said that half of the employees are evacuated. I do have to give a big hurrah to the emergency services folks, things are running very smoothly, and the resources are there for folks (though I am sure it doesn't quite feel that way to the victims). Glad to hear you are well & hope all our other "locals" are okay too. Take care.
MCS
Donna

Post by Donna »

Stay safe guys!!

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

hey i seen the fires on the news thismorning they said two are arson :evil: hope everyone is safe hope no one loses their home i cant believe people do this its disgusting.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

God be with everyone, home owners, firefighters, emergency services and all ! Us Aussies know all about fires and how devestating they can be God help us this summer also.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Melika

Post by Melika »

Glad all the birds are safe. The fires seem to be going around most of the poeple I know in Cali. Keeping fingers crossed.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Sadly, it does seem that the fires in Orange County may have been arson. As far as I have heard, the ones in San Diego and LA Counties were not intentional. The winds have died down and they are starting to get a handle on things down here. Over a half million people were evacuated; the centers are starting to close and folks are getting back home. Although disaster brings some horrid folks out of the woodwork, it also demonstrates how selfless a lot of people really are. Let's hope we don't have a bad rainy season to wash away all these bare hillsides.
MCS