Added 1 more bird

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Rico's Mom

Added 1 more bird

Post by Rico's Mom »

I added a new birdie ,now my hands are full, I have a 6 month old Eclectus male , and he is sweet and alot of fun :D
greeny

Post by greeny »

YOu are so lucky - photos please! Did you already post some? A 6 month old Ekky sounds totally wonderful. I wish I had one!
Rico's Mom

Some photos of Jaden and K C

Post by Rico's Mom »

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

he is beautiful i love them coulda got a 16 week old from coffs but he was 800 and i dont have that kinda money probably a good thing or i'd have a house full of birds. so beautiful cant wait for more pics :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

CONGRADULATIONS!! He is one BEAUTIFUL birdie. :D I want him! :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Rico's Mom

Post by Rico's Mom »

u can buy one lol
greeny

Post by greeny »

I am so jealous! He is gorgeous. I would love a male eclectus. Sort of like a mega sized ringneck to me. :D LOL.

He is absolutely adorable and wonderful. So cute!! Maybe one day I can get one, what a dream.
Melika

Post by Melika »

He's beautiful. What subspecies is he? And congrats on your new addition! I swear it's an addiction...

On my list of dreambirds the male vos ekkie is number one or two, it changes every day. :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Rico's Mom

Post by Rico's Mom »

the Lady who I purchased him from was not sure if he is a VOS or a SI,I have been trying to figure that out to, he has a vet appointment for next week and I will ask him, he should know, I seriously think he is a SI but not sure,it doesn't matter to me he is sweet and real loveable and talks all the time lol
Melika

Post by Melika »

Rico's Mom wrote:the Lady who I purchased him from was not sure if he is a VOS or a SI,I have been trying to figure that out to, he has a vet appointment for next week and I will ask him, he should know, I seriously think he is a SI but not sure,it doesn't matter to me he is sweet and real loveable and talks all the time lol

Vos and SI are so... different. SI are such small ekkie in comparison to a Vos. o_O

I want to say you have a Grand Ekkie, but what do I know? I can't really see his tail or colour of his eyes but here's a table I've used in the past that might help. ^_^

http://www.geocities.com/eclectusgroup/ ... etable.htm

Of course, some breeders don't know there are different subspecies and have been known to cross them. You never know.

Why must you people do this to me? Show me pics of ekkies and get me researching them again. You have no idea how strong this desire is and how long I've been holding it off. I want a male vos. Mika, you know better. You don't need another bird. But I want one anyway. Gah! Excuse the rant, I'm trying to control myself. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Rico's Mom

Post by Rico's Mom »

KC is a SI Eclectus , he went to the vet thursday for his check up and all is good , he is in good health, he suggested me giving him flax seed oil to keep his feathers from getting dry, he eats well infact he never turns down any kind of food lol , him and Jaden my IRN get along good so thats a plus :) Sunny my quaker doesn't like any kind of birds lol she only likes humans , thats a Quaker for u 8)
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

awwwwwwww absolutly georgeous, brilliant photos

Rico's Mom

Melika u can get a Eckieeeeeeeeeee

Post by Rico's Mom »

ok Melika I give u permission to get an Eckiee , lol just kidding, just start saving thoose bucks and buy one,they are awsome birds and good talkers
Melika

Post by Melika »

I want more pictures. I'm trying to live vicariously here. :D
Rico's Mom

Post by Rico's Mom »

ok u said more pics lol here u go

how about a slide show?

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/ ... 1a774e.pbw

and heres another pic

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u93/ ... 0_0039.jpg
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Awwww! You are soo lucky! He is one cute boy!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

^_________^ I love them!
greeny

Post by greeny »

I looked at your newest photos and told my husband, "we have to get one of those!" Yours is gorgeous. I guess by weight it is about 3x an IRN. My ringnecks weigh in the area of 120 grams. It's not such a huge leap to go for an Ekkie. Very lovely looking fellow you have there.
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

Very cute love the photos
Sharlene and Amazon