Does this look like an African to you?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

greeny

Does this look like an African to you?

Post by greeny »

I came across this Craigslist posting and I think this bird looks like an African ringneck. Not that many around, so I wondered what the forum thinks:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pet/444870754.html
Donna

Post by Donna »

Looks like an African to me and it also looks older then a year and a half. I'm wondering if a cage food and toys go with this 200.00 adoption fee. :?

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Fah

Post by Fah »

They say Indian.. but tis darker plumish red beak lean more towards African... also... it does look quite alot older than 1.5 years O.o it could be anything from 2.5 years +

Ringnecks to my knowledge dont even start colouring up till at best their first year.. and even then.. its a far cry from complete like that one till at a truely remarkable early age of 2... I have never had an indian ring up complete before its second year.. and even then.. i have alot of males who at their second.. are still only half done at best.

It seems impossible to vouch for its genetics :/ And whether it was a true African.

Not sure about the so called "adoption fee" sounds more like "im selling my green irn". And not as fussed about the owner as they say they are... as they included alot of other strings of text just so the add gets seen...

"parrot, love bird, birds, tame, ringneck, green, cockatiel, conure"

You will have to check out the bird I think in detail to guage its size and true beak colour and true personality... I find if there is even one false statement in an add.. you can be sure of a few others.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I vote African. :wink: The beak, the ring are dead give aways. Beak definately looks smaller and darker. The ring is also thicker. :?
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year