The 13th needs to be here already!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Dani03

The 13th needs to be here already!

Post by Dani03 »

I have the new baby's cage all set up and waiting for the lil cutie to come home!

For those of you who don't know, I lost two of my birds to theft and evilness of a bunch of teenagers for gaming money. I was devestated to say the least. It was like someone violated my sancitity and stole my heart.

To stray from that topic (as it tears me up to even type about it) Zoey is coming home this weekend! She is an Illigers macaw that anow friend of mine is gifting to me.She is my little ray of sunshine to help brighten my darkness. I feel so lost without my Smiles and Raj. Smiley and I would take daily walks outside and visit the neighbors and the park. Raj would sit on top of my chair and preen my hair while I surfed the net.

Prinny and Mikey were completely tramuatized from the break in. Prinny stopped talking for a week. Mike would sound off everytime I entered or left the house! Both are doing better, thank God.

Will keep you all updated from now on, I promise. I just didn't bother with this site as there are 'some' here who would like to rule the roost, yet they don't :roll: Chamon talked to me, and I think I feel like what I say and CAN say isn't going to be flamed like it was is the past so thank you Chamon and Lauren and Angie and Imran for fixing the IRN board and turning it into a great place to perch :D

*hugs and love to all*

Dani
Last edited by Dani03 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

sorry bout you lost dani

but congrates on your new bird all the least, hope it all works out for you.
Adam and Dude
Donna

Post by Donna »

Dani I'm truly sorry for what you had to go through (on this board) and in your life. Best wishes to you and Zoey for a wonderful happy life again.

Big Hugs

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Melika

Post by Melika »

I'm excited for you as well. To get an illigers. To me, they are the most beautiful of the mini-macaws.

Back before I got Hane, my IRN, I used to make lists (very unrealistic lists, mind you, and way to long!) of the parrots I wanted. The Illigers were the only mini on that list.

I can't wait to hear about her personality. I've never known anyone with a mini-macaw yet!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
julie

Post by julie »

Dont you just love the wait. I swear it feels like the days are going so slow when Im waiting for something. Just out of curiosity, how many different types of macaws are there?
Melika

Post by Melika »

julie wrote:Dont you just love the wait. I swear it feels like the days are going so slow when Im waiting for something. Just out of curiosity, how many different types of macaws are there?

I believe it's somewhere between twenty and thirty species of macaw. The number changes everytime another species is thought to be extinct...
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

exciting stuff ! cant wait for you !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

BigChicken

Good luck with your new baby!

Post by BigChicken »

I know the feeling of waiting for a birdie, I think I’m picking up our IRN today (Norma Jean). Good luck with your new baby! We have a Yellow collard mini. Quite the clown! She doesn’t like hands, (she is slowly getting over that) but is very playful. They are so smart. Can’t wait to hear about yours!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yellow collars are awesome. They are sooo cute...and have all that personality in a tiny little body. Do you have any pictures of your cutie? Would love to see some :wink:

Dani
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i am very sorry for your loss i hope your new birdie brings you lots of happiness and helps mend your heart
greeny

Post by greeny »

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your birds. Beyond terrible, you have my total sympathy.

But on the happy side - I am so excited for you as you await your new family member. How did you aquire the new bird? Breeder? Rehomed? I am not that familiar with that breed and am really looking forward to you pictures upon arrival!!

Good luck and best to you!
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Only two more days! 8) Please post photos!!!! :wink: I am really sorry to hear that happened!

I had my aviaries broken into last year and had all my ringnecks stolen—took all my mutations! Whoever took my birds new which ones to take—they left my green pairs. With that said, I feel for you Dani!!! We are thinking of you!

Best wishes,

Imran
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh my how exciting!! Can't wait to see the pics! :D So sorry to hear of your loss. What a devastating trauma for you and your flock. :( *Squishie Hugs*
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

where's the photo's already?
Adam and Dude
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Dani, you know I love you...now
GO TO WAL-MART AND BUY A DISPO CAMERA....I WANT TO SEE ZOEY!!!!
MCS
swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

I agree! after reading on another forum what happened, which is just SICK, I'm glad your finding love with another baby!