Horrible event...

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

giantfoot_truck

Horrible event...

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I saw a horrible event happening right in front of me...

I was walking on the side walk when two baby cats passes through the highway with lots of moving bikes and cars, the cats were moving so slow that I was worried a car/bike would hit them, and it really happen!

One the cat got ran over by a bike, its neck were crushed and it was still moving in pain! The person driving the bike is really cruel and doesn't do anything about the cat.. he just kept moving like nothing happen. The other cat just sit near the injured one and couldn't do anything about it.. I was afraid it would get ran over too, so I just call it over and lead it to a safe place where there are no bike and car.

I really couldn't do anything about the injured one... it was still struggling in pain while I walk away... Now the other one is alone by itself, hopefully its mother would find it.

I feel really sad for what happened to the cat, it was still a baby...
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I wonder where the owners of this cat are. It really irks me that they leave their cats to wonder and get hurt and killed, and also for this to put others in danger. That motorbike rider could have died because of the cat, probably better that he didn't stop and cause a traffic hazard. Also it has put you through alot of heart ache and trouble.

I am sorry for sounding so abrupt but I am sick of this kind of thing with cat owners. We dont have cats, never have wanted any, we love our garden and nature, but we have something like 6 cats that wonder our yard and chase and kill our wild life, because owners just let them wonder around all day and night, we even found a litter of babies behind some tin on our back fence.

I think something really has to be done about domestic cat ownership. The local animal shelter has tons of cats that are abandoned and looking for homes, its becoming a real problem. And its not the cats fault.

We as domestic bird owners do not allow our birds free flight and travel outside, mainly for their own safety, we spend money on cages, aviaries, harnesses etc. Dog owners have to fence and collar their dogs and keep them inside or pay the price. But cat owners don't have to do a thing.

There are laws about keeping them inside at night, but you try and catch them, or find out who they belong to, or bother the council to come down to catch them, when they are gone into another block of the neighbourhood in 5 seconds. Its just such a problem and it makes me so angry especially for the innocent cat.

Sorry .. I feel better now .. sigh !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

So sorry this happened. I totally agree Angie. I do love all animals but I have a problem with cats. More so their owners that let them roam the streets. Alot of them seem to think its ok for them to kill native and wild animals. The RSPCA is full of stray cats, and there are literally thousands of feral cats roaming around. There is a real problem here. The laws keeping them inside at night do nothing. I just don't understand why its ok for a cat to roam the streets. How about we let the birds, horses, dogs.. out because its 'natural' for them. I don't think so. I feel sorry for the poor cats. Its not their fault their owners can't care for them. :(
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

I dont think those baby cats belongs to anyone, they are stray, nobody own them...nobody care for them...
But its really cruel and mean if anyone dare to hurt them, especially if they are just a baby... :(
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Someone does own them. They owned the original mother that brought them into the world, or the mother before that. This is the point, the care is just not there. The person that owned the original cat, did not keep it at home or have it fixed, is to blame. Can you imagine not knowing that one of your pets had babies. That your bird was off somewhere in the yonder breeding and creating flocks of wild birds, or your dog was somewhere having pups you didn't know about. And then if you do find the cat owner, you know what they say, pfft its not my problem, stupid cat !!!!

They need to make some law about selling a cat that is fixed, unless you are a reputable breeder and then the breeder has to sell the cats (already fixed) to the public. They need to register and band the cat and have you sign paperwork and input this code to a computer, not hard to do when you pay at the checkout. Then, if found dead, you are charged, if found with a liter of babies, you are responsible and fined, etc.

I bet then people would be more conisderate about buying that cute little fluffy kitten for christmas, or putting in safe guards to keep the cat at home.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless