YAY!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

YAY!

Post by Lauren »

:D My partner took me to Melbourne Zoo on the weekend. My fave...

The great flight aviary!! Saw the most cutest male eclectus and his 3 females, 2 red/green wing macaws that were sleeping all day in another enclosure along with sun conures and monk parrots. Aaaand... Cousins of our IRNs, Plumheads!! OMG I want that aviary in my house! Sorry no pics. Didn't take a camera!! :( But here is something on the aviary.. its massive and you can walk right through it..

http://www.zoo.org.au/history/gfa.htm

I was like a kid in a lolly shop! I havn't been to the zoo since I was little. It was amazing. Especially the AVIARY!! :lol:
The penguins must of been in breeding season because the males were beating up there females with their lil chicken flippers and dragging the poor girls into their nests. :shock:
Saw the lion breakfast time and gorillas too which were amazing. Of course giraffes and elephants or as my partner called them 'smellyphants'. :D
So that was my weekend. Thought I'd share.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I envy you! Im lucky to have MANY places to go here in Florida but no time to do it. grrr

We have sooo many zoos and lil 'off the rd' gift shops that have aviaries for unwated birds. I love photography and really wish I had the time to capture it all and bring it here.

One fine day! Shew, school started today! Amen! I love my 4 boys but lord have mercy... the summer was a long one. And caring for everyone with my back broken was getting to be TOO MUCH.

Im rambling... sorry... bit stir crazy. And a whole lot pure crazy. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

julie

Post by julie »

I love the walk in aviaries, especially at zoos. We went to look at snakes on sunday, they had lizards there aswell and they had the same netting stuff as the walk in avairies have but they were over lizard enclosures. We ended up talking about birds with the snake people :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Isnt there always such a calm, serene feeling when inside a large aviary? Or maybe its my Zen but I get such a peaceful feeling inside. :)
~ Mikaela Sky

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

What great fun! A pass to the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park will be one of my first purchases when I get down there.
MCS
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Sounds awesome darlin ! Ya just a big kid anyways *hugs*

I love butterfly enclosures also and they have a few of those in Florida Mik, went to one in Key West.

I love dinner at dusk at the melbourne zoo, nighttime jungle style noises its just the best thing.

Mik I hope you are improving every day , take care of yourself and hope you are 100 % asap.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hanging out with yall is really helping me Kyria. My husband notice a difference in me yesterday and asked about it. I told him I had become active here again and it was nice to have contact with the outside world.

He didnt want me here, for obvious reasons but I assured him proper admin were in place and High-School ended.

I appreciate hanging out here, if I havent already said that. Its nice to communicate with the outside world. The board has a good vibe about it again so its nice... really nice.
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

:D glad you can hang and recoup with the family :D *hugs*
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Here we have a Zoo with a Lorikeet flight. You can feed them too...get a little cup of nectar so they will perch on your hand. Best experience ever! Loved seeing those little guys crowd up toeat.

Zoos are great...so long as they are the 'good ones' :D

DAni
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

*giggle* Dani that sounds like my mum and dads back yard.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Heh...well some of us don't live in the Land'O'Parrots :wink:

You Aussies are lucky!

Dani
Last edited by Dani03 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Oh all the animals looked happy and well at the zoo. Some of the big cats looked a little lonely though and one of the elephants was in an enclosure all by itself staring at his friends in another bigger enclosure. It looked like it wanted to go play too! :( But its a 'good' zoo. Good day out! In a few weeks I'm planning on taking a trip to Healsville Sanctuary which has some nice bird shows. *Must take camera*
Sylvia

Post by Sylvia »

Wow aviarys like that must be awesome!

We don´t have that kind of zoo´s here in scandinavian, we have a coupple but not that big I think.

Love beeing in open aviarys were you can sit and watch the birds just flying around. My partner must always drag me from thouse places, I can stay forever there.
Please have some patience with my spelling, I´m from sweden and english is not my first language!
julie

Post by julie »

Dani03 wrote:Heh...well some of us don't live in the Land'O'Parrots :wink:

You Aussies are lucky!

Dani

The wild lorries are nuts, they fly straight at you and then only just move as they are about to hit you. I had to walk through a park at north sydney to get to work and they would come full ball towards us and if you moved the wrong way you got hit, quickly learnt to stay heading in the same path as you were or duck.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: You got that right! Spring time is almost here. That means swooping season. :shock:

Ohh I love this time of year. Had some Rosellas and Lorrikeets on the balcony thismorning! Theyre all coming out of winter hiding now! :D
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

i dont even have a zoo near me for miles and i dont drive :( good that you had a good time and nice of your partner to take you !
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I love Melbourne Zoo. Must take the kids again because we haven't seen the new orangutans enclosure.

Thinking of buying a yearly pass which gives unlimited access. It's always a great day out there.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I still havnt been to the Werribee Zoo and I lived over that way for a few years. I must go sometime soon.