Ringneck on Jay leno!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

Ringneck on Jay leno!

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Jay had on AJ last night i didn't see it but my friend called and told me about it. He's so adorable :)
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

<action> puts her hand up , I am a huge AJ fan, have been for a while, he has his own website and there are tons of vids of him all over the internet. Just google him or go to youtube and search AJ or clever parrot etc. and you will find vids of him, playing gold, basketball and doing all his other amazing little tricks.

I love it when he is carrying that basketball and he is saying "put it in the basket AJ" soooooo cute ! .. such a clever boy.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yaaay! That lil guy makes me giggle. Hes so clever! He is our idol. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

Kyria i luff that too! it's so sweet. My parents loved that video. I luff when he rolls over and flips!
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Jordan can do a flip around my finger now :D And he folds washing with shanah .. check it out

Click image to play video;
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

swanwillow

Post by swanwillow »

now THAT was very cute.. do you think he knew what he was doing, or just attacking it?
Ohana

Post by Ohana »

I love that! What a smart little birdy and he got a kiss each time.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

that's adorable. How do you start training the fids to do tricks like aj?
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

with the flip around my finger it was just a stage process. Get jordan to follow a treat until he is upside down and only let him have it once he is hanging upside down, as he is trying to grab the treat you say the command .." Flip , Flip jordan" .. when he does it without sighting the treat and just your command, you then reward him with a treat and move on to coaxing him from upside down to back to upright, then reward only with a treat once he has done the full flip, all the time using the voice commands.

Eventually, when you command him to "Flip, Flip Jordan" he will do it knowing he will get a treat when he goes right around the finger.

:wink:

Hope I explained that well enough.

Everything with training is in steps. AJ would have probably been rewarded by just holding the golf club to begin with, then the movement of hitting the ball, (with assistance at first), then the pick up the ball, each time the treat will only be given at the end of the new set that was added. It takes time but they cotton on to what they have to do to get a treat. (this is just my take and not how it may have actually been done)

:D Clever little chickens

With the folding of the clothes, jordan began first just reaching to grab at what shanah had, but quickly realised he got heaps of attention and a treat when he did it, then we moved to him doing the folding for a period of time and at the end he would get a handful of treats.

He did it again with me today, and when I was finished folding he began running around looking to my hands for the palm full of treats.. lol and he got them .. :lol:

( I use dried mellon seeds, honey dew are the best )
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

well we'll be working on that one! :) Thanks Ange!
~the stubborn one~