Whislting

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

donnanorm

Whislting

Post by donnanorm »

Since having our Irn Gizmo,ive not heard any sound coming from him/her,our baby has only been with us a few days so would this be due to settling in? ive heard a slight noise today its like a grinding sound but ive heard none of the usual sounds,should I be worried or will it take time?.Gizmo seems fine eating/drinking fine etc,when out cage explores everything :)

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Grinding noises are great! They are a contented sound.

As for talking or other noise making...be patient. Sometimes it takes them a bit to get settled and start making a racket. Soon you will be happy when they shut up!

Have any pics??? Love pics :D

Dani
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

Dani03 wrote:Grinding noises are great! They are a contented sound.

As for talking or other noise making...be patient. Sometimes it takes them a bit to get settled and start making a racket. Soon you will be happy when they shut up!

Have any pics??? Love pics :D

Dani

Hi Dani,ty for assureing me all is ok with my Gizmo,ive posted a couple of photos in the photo forum,let me know what you think :)

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yep all is well :wink:

Your baby is gorgeous...lovely light blue color. Need more than two pics though :D

Dani
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

Oh i know im extremly trigger happy at times :) I will post a few more

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Good! We love pics here...can never get too many :D

Dani
julie

Post by julie »

try playing some other irn noises, try the vid section to see if there is any that you can play. maybe see if he makes any noises then. But as dani said when they start they dont have a stop button. My boy indie mixes his words around so I get Julie come here boy instead of chucky (dog) come here boy. things like that and one day he was out the front and the bloke across the road walked past so indie decided to wolf whistle at him and he thought it was me :oops:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Hahaha Prinny has done that to me too Julie. The danged wolf whistle gets ya every time!

Dani
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

after writing that Gizmo doesnt make any noise,well tonight he did :), must have been the music the other half was playing,it was only a few churps,at least we now know he/she can :)

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Glad to hear Gizmo is alright. I love the sound of grinding beaks. Its means they are happy birdys. :wink: Soon enough Gizmo will be chattering away to you all day. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Andreya

Post by Andreya »

You're lucky you've only got grinding. My Nigel makes this annoying shrieking sound when he doesn't get his veggies fast enough in the morning...or he wants out, or just because he feels like it. LOL
Andi
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

Andreya wrote:You're lucky you've only got grinding. My Nigel makes this annoying shrieking sound when he doesn't get his veggies fast enough in the morning...or he wants out, or just because he feels like it. LOL

Gizmo made his first shrieking sound last night,he/she has only done this a few times since,its not constant but no doubt it will get to be :), reminds me of a squeeky dogs toy :)

Andreya

Post by Andreya »

donnanorm wrote:
Gizmo made his first shrieking sound last night,he/she has only done this a few times since,its not constant but no doubt it will get to be :), reminds me of a squeeky dogs toy :)

Congratulations Donna, you have a ringneck! :) Thankfully mine doesn't do it constantly either; I think I would be out of a place to live if he did. He was absolutely silent the first two or three days I had him and I wasn't sure he made noise... now he shrieks and chatters and grinds and mutters; always seems to have something to say. That's my baby boy. LOL
Andi