Mrs. Mikaela is in da house!!!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Here4Fun

Mrs. Mikaela is in da house!!!

Post by Here4Fun »

Long time no see folks! I couldnt even remember my password so I had to use another account. Noone will activate my new one (Mrs Mikaela) lol. Not surprising. But, as nothing else here has, that doesnt bother me either, humors me a bit, however. :lol:

Anyway, Kyria struck up a chat with me on yahoo yesterday and asked me to stop in and say hello. My husband and I have been doing a lot of traveling and just got back from Aussie. It was a really nice place but because of the L O N G plane ride, I wont be back! So, no worries there!

Anyway, she wanted me to share some of my experiences. Here are some images. I have millions more, let me know if you have an interest in viewing more. Since I moved up to an SLR camera, I have lost my mind... whoa!

Baby and Peaches are still doing well. Still in such a wonderful romance! He is very stunning with his new 'man ring' (He was well over 3.5 yrs old before it even starting to come in!)

My CAG doesnt want much to do with either of them and the feeling is mutual.

Enjoy the images! Aussie rocked. We were there just short of 3 weeks and visted many cities.

Luna Amusement park:

I love cityscapes... Melbourne AUS.

Melborne Zoo:

Shrine of Remembrance:

We also went to Perth and Sydney. Visited a few more larger cities and have those images too. It was a lot of fun. I always have loved aussies and the country. To be able to 'live' it for a few weeks was really nice. It was on my 'before I die' list! They loved me as much as I them... saying they appreciated 'how real I was'.

Enjoy!!!

~ Mikaela
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Hey Mik,

Great pics .. love good ole Luna Park, really needs a good upgrade though. If it were a sunday you would have seen the incredible street market along the walk there.

The pic of melbourne city confused me for a sec until I realised its probably taken from the St. Kilda bay side of the city. Nice Shot!

Glad you enjoyed our wonderful country, Aussies are very real ! and down to earth, hold no punches and you will always know where you stand with us.

Hope you made it down to Circular key (night time is so beautiful), the Opera house and Harbour bridge while you were in Sydney. The ferry ride across to Manly Beach is awesome. We have a Palm Beach there also :wink:

Taronga Zoo in Sydney would have been awesome to see right on the bay edge there.

Doesn't that flight absolutely kill between our countries, man, and I have done it three times in the past 2 years. It's hardest when you begin day, cross the dateline it goes dark, hit LA it's light again, cross the country to florida and its getting dark, makes it feel like you have been travelling for days. Thank goodness on the way home this time, i will leave day, still be day in LA and arrive in Aust. dark so it will only seem like one night.

Darlin I didn't even see a memebership to approve anything like Mrs. Mikaela :? strange, would have had I seen it. Will go look and if you feel like trying again go right ahead, I will look out for it.

Good to hear peaches and baby are doing well and you are enjoying your CAG. Would love to see pics of them all now :D

Cheers !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Found ya Mrs. Mikaela, approval/activation is not an instant thing, like most membership applications, standard is "up to" 24 hours for activation .. you are activated now. :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mrs Mikaela

Post by Mrs Mikaela »

Yep! Up and running! I have no idea what the nick to 'Mikaela' is. :oops:

Thats what I get for not logging on! :roll:

Thanks hun!
Busy but back!
Donna

Post by Donna »

:D :D Welcome back Mik :D :D We want to see more pics of your trip and the birds.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Mik I reset your password for your original Mikaela login and IM'd you about it :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D :D :D
Welcome Back Mik! Was wondering when you were going to drop in here. So good to see you!

Wow! You were in Melb. Thats awesome! Sounds like you had a great time here. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Gosh, its cold at the moment though!

Angies right, Luna Park needs a major upgrade. I don't even think the rides are safe for some reason. I havn't been there since I was a toddler I think. But love St Kilda! Love the cafes there! and the cake shops on Acland Street.. Yuuummmm! My fave part of Melbourne.

Pictures of Melbourne confuse me too. After spending a year and a bit away from here and coming back, they built a whole lot more buildings! Melbourne seems to change every year.

I hope you made it to the more 'layed back' areas of Australia too. People always seem to miss the rock. I wonder why. Maybe they think its just a big ole rock in the middle of a desert? Thats what I thought. But its definately worth checking. Also from Sunshine Coast (where Steves Aussie Zoo is) up to Cairns in QLD is absolutely stunning for beaches and rainforests! Did you go to Gold Coast? .. hehe Sorry I just get excited when people visit here. I want to hear all about their adventures!

I hope to one day visit the USA. I'm dreaming right now. Florida looks soooooo good! I'd also love to go to New York New York. I think I could get very lost there.

Aww! I want to see pics of Baby and Peaches. They are sooo sweet together. Miss hearing about them! And we *must* see pics of your CAG.
:wink: Good to see you here again Mik. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

"cake shops on Acland Street" .. mmmmm yeah !

Uluru Rocks ! HA get it .. Rocks ! .. HA ! yeah well :roll:

I went on a Contiki under 30s tour around the red center from Darwin down to The Alice, was awesome. The lost city, Kings Canyon, Mataranka Thermal Springs, sleeping in the pitch black under Devils marbels was like floating in a sea of stars, helicopter flights over Katherine George, white water rafting down the George, Camel trecks along the ross river (in the dry season) from winery to winery, picture riding a camel half cut :shock: especially when one is spitting at you .. lol .. We went out jillarooing with the bloomfield boys on horse back, then they took us up in a helicopter to show us how the muster cattle now a days, doing a half rotter over return to scoot around and round up the cattle was exilarating to say the least .. you name it we did it and partied till we dropped every night.

I loved Adelaide too, Hahndorf in the Adelaide hills is so pretty, little german community, so quaint. Went there for the second Australian Formula 1 grand prix, long before melbourne stole it away .. woohooo .. go Albert Park :wink:

Anyway .. The Great Barrier Reef would be awesome to visit too, probably the only place I havent been in our amazing country.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Welcome back, Mik! I'm off to South Africa tomorrow....I am so psyched. Try not to miss me too much, guys!
MCS
Donna

Post by Donna »

Have a safe trip Cat!!! Enjoy and bring back some awesome pics. We'll miss you.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Those cake shops used to be 24 hours! So good after a night out in town at 3am! hehe.

lol The rock does rock! I worked at Ayers Rock Resort. Was a room attendant, where I met my partner from the Sunshine Coast! Gosh, I miss the desert! Was'nt a cruisy job either especially through the summer when it was 45 degrees everyday! But good times. Lots of partying, a lil too much. :( Kings Canyon rocks too and the stars, wow, Ive never seen anything like it. Its like sleeping in a planetarium and just hearing the breeze of the desert! Camels are a lil scary though especially when driving into the morning sun, cant see the road infront of you and a camel just steps out infront of the car and doesn't move! That is scary stuff! My partner hit a roo and it made an impression on the side of his car. Feel so sorry for that roo. Ever eaten roo? They sold roo burgers at the resort.

I've been to Cairns and the GBF when I was younger. But I still remember just how beautiful it was. Caught the train from Melbourne to Cairns! (dads a train driver, many train trips when young, hes obsessed with trains. :roll: ).

Personally, I didn't like Sydney. Everytime Ive been there I just found it too confusing and the people were a little 'snobbish'. But I'm sure not all of Sydney is like that.

Only place I havnt been is Darwin/ Top end and W.A. Thats definately going to be my next holiday.

Anyways, I could talk all day about places here. :oops:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Have an awesome time in South Africa Cats! You must tell us all about it. :D
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Have a Blast Cats ! .. Thats the good thing about having a host family here with a computer, I can still spend some spare moments diving on here and yakin my head off.

Roo Meat .. well they sell roo meat in our freezer section of the supermarkets. roo sausages, burgers etc. Its dark plum red in colour and its a little like deer meat, you have to be careful or it can be very tough.

I loved trying croc and emu, oh and fresh caught and barramundi was awesome. Snake is so nice, smooth in texture, very smooth, and a cross between very tasty chicken and fish in flavour.

Cats I trust we will see holiday snaps when you get back :wink: Would love to see some of the wild life, gosh I wish I could get a pic of a bald eagle. Been trying to get pictures of the cardinals here (the males are incredible bright red colour) and they have a Mokingbird nesting in the Jasmine, but its too fast in and out to get a shot. I love the way the mokingbird flits its wings open and shut, so pretty.
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I think I yak my head off a lil too much on here. LOL. :lol:

I havn't seen roo meat in the supermarket. It is a lil chewy isnt it. :? I've eaten camel too, it tastes like ham.. well I thought so.

Cats, we *must* see pictures when you return! Dont mean to sound pushy but.. South African wildlife!

Mik, got more pics? show us some pics of your fidlets too. Miss them. :( Gosh, I sound pushy today.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

hey stranger! Miss you! those pictures are beautiful! :)
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

You Aussies eat some pretty strange stuff... :shock:

Good to see another member return I guess, wish more of the older ones would come back. Where is Jen for goodness sake?

Can't wait to hear all about your trip Cat! Am so jealous you get to meet 2horse over there...grrr...

Dani
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

i don't know, i was just thinking about her Dani, she hasn't been around in ages. She best not keep this up or i'll have to drive to ohio and start yelling Jen out my window! :)
~the stubborn one~
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

Jen is good, shes just crazy busy with her hubby, school, work, dogs and birds, I am surprised she has ANY time for herself. She does stop by on occassion but does not post. It really would be wonderful if she came back tho...HINT HINT JEN....

Welcome back Mikaela, yes pics of the fids especially your grey are mandatory...get posting!
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Baby... at almost 4 yrs old! grrr is just now starting to molt. He looks so ratty, Im too ashamed to post images of him. Hard-headed thing turned 3 on Mothers Day and is juuuust now starting to show signs of a ring.

Leave it to Baby! :roll:

My CAG freaks out and acts crazy around cameras, I didnt get him until much older (16 weeks). Baby and Peaches have always had a camera in their face.

I'll get in gear and upload/dish through my aussie pics and get some of those posted. I need to quit playing so much and get some work done.

So, is baby the oldest boy you have ever known to get his adult plumage? He is 3 yrs and 2 months old and is just not showing pins, a few random blue sheens high on his head, random red spots around his neck, a very unimpressive black ring. In other words, a long way to go. :cry:

At this point, how long does it usually take to get on through this first adult plumage molt? He is moody but being a good boy. I feel bad for him and give him bunches of steam baths.

Wonder how long we have to wait from here?
~ Mikaela Sky

Datsun and Family

Mikaela, isnt Baby only 2 years?? Datsun isn't even 3 yet and he is older than Baby. I looked back and you joined in July 2005 when Baby was still being hand fed.

I would love even a distant pic of your CAG, should still tame up and calm down fine even if you got him at 16 weeks, he was handrered right? What is his name?

Hows your quaker doing?

So much to catch up on!!
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Funny you should mention that! I have been convinced that Baby turned 3. I stand there saying: NO WAY and my husband comes up with all of these dates of things that were going on when he came to us and INSISTS Baby is THREE to the point I suppose I just 'gave in'.

That was also my prove, when I registered here but he talked around that too. When I know as good as yall do that Baby was being fed with a syringe and I had never even heard of a ringneck! That was June 05. Baby was a chick when I met yall. 8 weeks, I believe.

If people preach something to you long enough its almost like brainwashing, you start to question your own self with your own best friend. If they are presistant enough, you'll go along with it for the sake of going along.

I admit though, unless he is manipulating dates he has almost convinced me Baby is 3 (hes sadistic, something he would do to worry me. As long as im not worried he doesnt have to worry about me noticing hes an arse). Sorry, he isnt on my good side at the moment. I had to trim Baby's wings today and he was about as much help as a statue. ALL I needed him to do was hold his wing extended so I could cut upward. You would have thought we were dealing with an alien we found. Men are chicks when it comes to birds man, I swear.

I dont see how Baby can be only two, unless we buy and sell houses faster than I thought because thats what Im basing it on. I would have bought sold and moved three times in 2 yrs... just no way. Something is weird! Baby has lived in three houses. Well, we were in the one already and about to move, moved - then moved down here to the Keys so thats only two places really.

I know I got him 3 days after I got back from Atlantis, if I can find out when I went there... Boom, noone will be able to shake me.

Datsun IS older than Baby, He was here first so Baby has to be only 2? I find that so hard to believe which is why he has my head screwed. I cant see life without him, seems like I have always had him.

My CAG makes me so sad when I try to 'shot' him. Otherwise, he is loving and laid back. Heavy. Yes, he was taken care of by a great breeder, one that doesnt let her babies go until at least 12 weeks. My baby still wasnt ready so I had to wait a little longer. Hes manipulative lol. He wasnt growing up any faster than he had to.

Baby and peaches are like 'CHEEEESE!!!' :lol:

I know in my heart of hearts he is 2... Im going to get hard prove and smear it in his face. He gets really angry (my ol man) when I question this point in our lives, kinda weird. Matthew waits for him to walk away and says 'Baby is 2 mama... dont care what he says.' When Matthew never questions his Daddy or speaks behind his back.

I HAD to edit this!!!

I went to the bat with Matthew behind me. We literally drew a time line using Matthews 'life' as a timeline. When he met the girl he has been with since, when we moved, all in a drawn timeline. He gave and admitted the timeline was right... Baby IS only 2.

He is now with us on Baby being 2 when before the best I could get when he was backed into a corner was the mature 'look, I dont care how old the bird is... 2... 3... 10... does it really matter?

MUST! He has made a mission out of making me question this at all!!!

My Lord, a lot has happened to ALL of us in the past two years. Time seems to fly but in this case, stands still. We have all been through a lot of pain and a lot of good times together. Laughed together and cried together. Lost loved ones and gained some. Much can happen in two yrs.
Last edited by Mikaela on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

Datsun and Family

Well at least we know Baby is right on track with his ring, he still has a year to fully "ring in"

Datsun turns 3 in October, it will be like his 21st, a BIIIIIG party :lol: 8)

I want an African Grey so bad, jealous!!! :wink:
-Chamon-

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They are so docile compared to Baby... wow. Thats taking me time to get use to. They arent as... uhm, well they are just more 'dignified'. Whereas Baby is an agile little dork. He jumps from perch to perch all confident. Just a totally different ball game.

Baby looks so pale and awful, his feathers are just gross looking (they always look soooo good a molt messing with your head a bit). He might have to go through this for a year!? We never stop learning with these guys, thats for sure!

Datsun sure fooled us all, leave it to HIM. I just somehow always knew my Baby was a boy. Just did. Even though I bought him being told it was a female. Didnt believe it that day and know for sure now.

Datsun ringed out looking stunning! How long did it take?
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Chamon! There you are...how is that Dats??? Any pics posted recently? Love that boy...

I know my Prinny is only 2...feels like forever but she is two. A stinker too...but I love her

You've heard from Jen? I miss that girl...

D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

As requested!

I posted a few videos of Baby in the video forum! They are very candid, just us hanging around the house but its been a while since yall have seen him so I posted what I had. They were taken in March, before his molt. He looks god-awful right now. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

With all my fids, I have to keep their acqusition and birthdates written down and refer to them all the time. I can barely remember my extended families birthdates and ages, let alone my growing fids. :roll:

Its a little sad, now that I am home and there is no brinly in with stella and jasper :( sigh!
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Im 'fairly' good with the kids, the fids *do* get confusing hehe
~ Mikaela Sky