ummm yeah soo

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

~*Gwennie*~

ummm yeah soo

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

where is everyone? it's like a deserted goldmining town..

*watches tumbleweed blowing around* :shock:
~the stubborn one~
coz

Post by coz »

Ive been thinking the same way, where is everyone. Not much happening anywhere :cry: Even at work we've been slow. I was blaming the drought.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I'm always here. 8)

Come on fids!.. do something interesting for us to talk about. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Topaz

Post by Topaz »

If we go the Petacular next week, we should have loads of news !!!

I think it is just too hot to be bothered with the computer or anything else for that matter, but I do have a little story for you.

Week before last I was out babysitting my friends house - four dogs, two cats, chooks, guinea fowl and cows - and while I was out there my husband was in charge here at home! Yeah alright I know - bad decision!! Anyway on the Wednesday afternoon he decided to take the two cockatiels out of their cage for a walk around on the table - long story short - Sage flew away!!!!

I was rung up with "Sage has gone" - OK gone where and why and how!??

Well I came home on Thursday, did up flyers and walked the streets trying to find him. Come Sunday afternoon when I was convinced that I would never see or hear him again I heard the other tiel "Tickey" yelling his head off - and I thought I heard an answer. Well dogs and I rushed outside, and there he was in the next door yard. Put dogs away - and that was a job and a half as they wanted to come too!! Went to get him, and saw him fly away over my head!! Two hours later and I still hadn't caught him, but I thought that he might hang around as he was probably hungry.

Had to go away again early on Monday morning (little two and a half days up the mountains - lucky me), and of course he was flying around crying out but wouldn't come down.

Well my husband came home from dropping me at the bus (about two hours later) and heard him (Sage) calling out - he was on the back of a chair and apparently "hopped on" Dad's hand real quick to go back in the cage - was I lucky or what?

Hubby not allowed to handle birds now!!
Anne
controlled by:
2 Poodles, 1 Maltese, 1 tiel, 3 INR's
Oh & a hubby
CatsChair

Post by CatsChair »

I love a happy ending! So glad your baby came back. Not sure why it is so quiet. Have a touch of spring fever -- supposed to be in the 80's today and 90's tomorrow, so I am off to the home improvement stores with list and credit card in hand.
MCS
Occy

Post by Occy »

There arent any topics worth replying to currently - hence the little posting from me and I suspect from others too.

It's pretty simple really - nothing to post about, no posts LOL

BB met my parents - like all birds decided to attack dad - birds hate him for some reason. Otherwise he has been fine. Twice Ive had him out of th ecage - forgotten he was out of the cage and let the dogs in...no dramas so far. The old girl - confirmed bird killer - just looked at him with interest, other dog knows you dont chase house birds and third dog didnt seem stressed. not that i would do it on purpose but its good to know when i forget that the dogs are trustworthy enough for me to calmly go over and put BB back in his cage
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

lol my mom wanted to drop her dalmation off for me to watch while her and my dad were up here....do you know what my house would have looked like? he would have tortured my fids.... what was she thinking????he likes to chase birds when he's outside. maybe he wouldn't do anything but you can't turn your back with on him for a minute :shock: :roll:

Glad your tiel is home safe Topaz!
~the stubborn one~
Donna

Post by Donna »

Topaz glad to hear a happy ending.

Donna :D
Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on the computer for a little while. The weather has been soooooo beautiful that I have been out side a lot. I got all my wild bird feeders ready and even put up my Hummingbird feeder. This is about the time they start coming back from Mexico. I was wondering if there are Hummingbirds in Australia and New Zealand. Probably a stupid question, but I'm not afraid to ask it. :lol: My Prettygirl has been doing some really funny things lately. Spring feaver I guess. She likes to get on the edge of my empty coffee cup and stick her head down in side and make all kinds of noises. I think she likes the echo. She has been making a lot of different sounds that I don't recognize. She may be picking up some bird sounds from the wild birds. So glad to hear that Topaz made it back from the scarry outside world. I have tried to send pictures, but still can't figure it out. I think it's messing with me. Maybe I'm makeing it to hard. I get my photos to photobucket, but can't get them in my message. I'll keep trying.
Janice & Prettygirl
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

No hummingbirds here. :wink:

Ive found Photobucket is the easiest to use. Upload your pics there and copy the IMG code on your post.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

well i usually go on the forum on my phone and have to text everything when i reply. my fingers get soar after a while! im glad your baby made it home safe and sound!
Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

:oops: I will keep trying to put pictures on here. So sorry you don't have Hummer's in Australia, but I bet you have a lot of beautiful birds that I would love to see. I was watching Mission Impossible II tonight and in the beginning they show a bay with lots of sail boats and that neat looking building. I think it's in Sidney. :lol: Shows you how much I know about Australia, but it was so beautiful in that movie. I watched Steve Irwin all the time and his daughter Bendi is so sweet and smart. I know he's been gone for a while, but I really miss him on TV. His wife was from a town in Oregon that was 30 miles south of the town I grew up in. We're getting some bad weather here in Texas. It's 9:30pm our time and it's still 68 degrees so we are getting Severe Thunderstorms and Tornado warnings. The northern countys are having a drought so they can use the rain. :)
Janice & Prettygirl
lady-lord-be

Post by lady-lord-be »

Hey all sorry i havent been on!. Internet has been playing up and i just cant figure out why! internet explorer will most prob close in a few mins.so im trying to hurry and reply!
soon HOPEFULLY is will be fixed!

:D