Wing clipping

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Janice L Parks

Wing clipping

Post by Janice L Parks »

I feel so :( for everyone who lives up north in the snow. If I had a giant leaf blower I would blow it all away for you. We were about 82 degrees today and partly cloudy. When I got Prettygirl her wings were clipped. We were out at the beach one day and I had her on my shoulder and took her out for a little fresh air. I knew it was getting time to get her wings clipped, but at that time she wasn't really trained and I wasn't about to try it so I would take her to the Vet. Anyway, we were setting there talking and watching the water and something scared Prettygirl and she tried to fly. I figured she would just go to the ground, but her wings were long enough that she started gliding right towards the water. I screamed her name and started running towards her. Thank God she swerved to the left towards the sand dunes instead of to the right over the waves. I doubt I could have got to her before she drownd. After that I swore I would always keep her wings clipped, but we live in an RV now so she has to have them clipped. She has become a part of me and I don't know what I would do if I caused something to happen to her. The one thing I miss the most living in the RV is all my birds that I use to have. I hand fed Love Birds and had Bantam chickens, Turkeys, Peacocks, Ginnies and Prettygirl. I love birds and love to look at them in the pet store, but that's all I can do. So I'm excited to hear all about everyone's new babies. I'll try to send everyone up North some sunshine. :D
Janice & Prettygirl
Donna

Post by Donna »

Thank you Janice We welcome sunshine and warmth :D Your story was heart warming and thank god you got to prettygirl in time. We would love to hear more about the birds that you use to have sounds very interesting. Be safe in your RV

Hugs Donna :D
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

there is a snow storm tonight, saturday, and sunday that is bringing 18 inches of snow. maybe more! and there may be another storm next weekend as well. i wish i was in the bahamas or texas! warm warm air!
Janice L Parks

Not more snow

Post by Janice L Parks »

I'm sure sorry to hear that you are having more snow Peanut. I think the warm weather is stuck down here. I had to turn the AC on this afternoon because it got up to 85 and the wind stopped blowing. I am still having trouble with my signal here in the RV park, but will pass on some more stories about my birds Donna when I can get a strong enough signal. I got an exterior antenna from Radio Shack and there is a connnection that hooks into it and then plugs in to my internet card, but of course they didn't have one and had to order it. To me thats almost like saying good luck on getting it. Maybe I should send Daisy my Bluetick Hound up to Minnesota to keep you warm, Peanut. She loves to play in the snow and then snuggle up in the bed next to you. :D She is very spoiled.
Janice & Prettygirl
Here4Fun

Post by Here4Fun »

I'd love to liquidate everything I own and live with wheels under my butt.

Imma gypsy, bore easily. It would rock to be able to just wake up and say 'Ok, enough time here'. Hit the road. Nice. :)

'Things' are like anvils once you grow a bit older and you acquire them. Then you just want to sell it all and live 'simple' with a pocket full of cash. :lol:
Loving Life and Living Right!!!
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

that's awefully sweet of you Janice, i saw the weather for the next few days and it aint looking purdy. that's for sure.
~the stubborn one~
Janice L Parks

Stuff!!

Post by Janice L Parks »

When we decided to go full time RVing my sister-in-law said "But what about all your stuff"? :cry: I told her she could have a fire tomorrow and loose all her STUFF! It's just stuff. We passed all the family antiques on to nieces and nephew and took all our old pictures and built a fire out side and spent the day looking at them and going "I remember that". It wasn't to hard because we probably hadn't looked at them since we took them 30 years ago. It feels good to know that all I have to be responsible for is what is on the wheels under our butt. I love that one Mikaela. We haven't been to FL yet, but it is on our list. I saw all the snow on Good Morning America today Gwinnie. I hope you are not one of the areas that is getting 18" of snow this weekend. One more thing real quick. My male Love Bird Lovie was on my finger this morning and Prettygirl was on my other hand and Lovie started clicking and making his courting gestures and Prettygirl started quivering and arching her back. Lovie actually reached up to Prettygirl and tried to feed her. Rainbow my female Love Bird was in the cage or she would have been really mad. :evil:
Janice & Prettygirl
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Come when the tourist are gone. When its really hot. I know that sounds dumb but if not, you cant move in Florida. No fun in that.

I admire you for the lifestyle you have chosen. Now that I have all this crap, because thats all it is, you realize that as you age and your ego falls away... I wanna sell it all and be freeeeeee.

I hope we make friends before you come. My Lot is big enough to keep ya up and wont cost you a dime. Water and electricity hook-up too! (got boats). Its on the river so yall will have a nice view. :wink:

Many dont realize, its WAY more to RV than to drive and get a room. Rving is not a cheap way to live unless you always stayed parked, still then it isnt 'cheap'.

Many RV communities here and the older people get so close, its nice.
~ Mikaela Sky

Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

:D That would be so great if we could come and crash at your place. Most of the RV parks are sooooo expensive that we stay in the Wal Mart parking lot. It sounds kinda weird, but why pay around a $100.00 if your just staying one night. Wal Mart even puts out a Road Atlas that lists all the Wal Mart's in each city and the address or exit off the freeway. Believe me we are never alone there either. Sometimes there are so many RV's that it's hard to find a parking place. I learned to drive the RV the hard way. After we got it I had only drove it once about 75 miles. We left the next week for a trip to Oregon to visit my family and were headed back and down about Northern California my husband got sick. His face swelled up and he was in severe pain. We stopped at an emergency room and they gave him antibiotics and pain pills. We stopped that night in a rest area in California and he went to bed. He was sick all night long and in severe pain. I didn't know what to do so I set up for a while and said to my self "do I just set here and wait to see what is going to happen to him" or "Go home". Well I went back to bed and in the morning I told my husband that we were going home. He was in no shape to drive so I had my breakfast and coffee and got behind the wheel. Oh yea we were also towing a small car and the RV is 34' long. I just started driving and drove 10 hours the first day. It was Saturday so I decided I would have to drive through L.A. on Sunday because I didn't want to do it on Monday. To make a long story short I drove through L.A and all the way back to Texas. I think deep down inside everyone is something that gives us the strength for things that we have no control over. Your right Midaela there is a lot more to RVing than meets the eye.
Janice & Prettygirl
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You sound awesome... strong. determined woman.

YOU ARE MORE than welcome to pull up here any day. Its 80 bux a night here to park and hook up. A horrid, nasty 'motel' 150.00 a night minimum.

Florida will do two things to a persons soul: beat them down to the point they go back home (making it here is HARD). This usually sends them back home with some sort of addiction. Seems like that and Florida go hand in hand.

OR:

You'll move here, keep your head on while everyone else is playing at the beach you go make their money. :wink: I reckon what Im saying is, living a rouchy life in Florida is very easy to do.

Living a nice family life... you'd better win the lottery, marry well or have a nice trust fund. Making an average life here takes about 250.000.00 a yr.

Thats to live in a 'decent' house. Driving 'decent' cars.

ALSO... Tons of birdshows going on right now!!!
~ Mikaela Sky

Janice L Parks

Post by Janice L Parks »

:shock: It sounds like for Florida would be a nice place to visit, but not live. We like to watch Cops and we see some of the bad parts of Florida. :twisted: The bird shows sound like fun tho. This RV park that we are staying in right now is only $125.00 + electricity. I love it because there are so many wild birds. I even have Blue birds nesting in my boxes. I truly love birds of all kinds. Except maybe Buzzards.
Janice & Prettygirl