Hand Rearing My IRN

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Alan-P

Hand Rearing My IRN

Post by Alan-P »

Hi all, I am a first time hand feeder, and I just wanted to check to see if im doing thing right. I recently acquired a blue IRN at 4 weeks of age, he/she is now 4 weeks and 5 days, weighing 117 Grams and is called Eco. Eco is fed of Kaytee exact and usually eats 13 - 14 mls per feeding and I am feeding every 4 and a half hours. Im from New Zealand, so its colder here at the moment but is beginning to warm up, Eco has most of his/her feathers but is kept in a brooder that stays at about 27, each day Eco is handled, Perches while being fed and I have just started to introduce him/her to veges and fruit. I was just wondering if you think I am doing this all ok or if there is anything else I should be doing. I have had guidance from a hand rearer from another town but I thought its always good to get more opinions :D
Any Help/Advice greatly appreciated :) also feel free to private message me :)
Melika

Re: Hand Rearing My IRN

Post by Melika »

There's a lot of info and resources here on these topics: http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... ?f=1&t=799 Hope you find what you're looking for. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay