my ringneck is ill

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

sobia

my ringneck is ill

Post by sobia »

hello..
i want to ask that my ring neck is ill...
not eating anything, having some stomach disorder too..
any home remedy ?
Any suggestions?
m worried
AJPeter

Re: my ringneck is ill

Post by AJPeter »

Sobia take your IRN to a bird vet ASP.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

You haven't provided many details. How long has your bird not been eating? What do you mean by a stomach disorder?

In general, though I would agree that as soon as you see any signs of your bird being sick, you should get it to an avian vet.

There are some first aid things you can do when a bird is sick. When birds are sick they get hypothermic and dehydrated. So you can try to take care of that part of the equation by adding a heat lamp (similar to that used by reptile keepers) and making sure its water is as close to where your parrot is sitting as possible. Place the heat lamp in such a way that the bird can get closer or further away from it as it desires. These are only first aid techniques and may buy you a short amount of time but they don't replace a vet visit.

Claire in the Air, can you remember anything else the vet told us when he spoke at our meeting?

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Ellie, I can't remember much, just to go to an avian vet. Btw this is a double post, you might want to delete it's twin http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =4&t=22909