All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Terrible noise on new year

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Little Buttercup

Terrible noise on new year

Post by Little Buttercup » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:47 pm

I live on a smallholding for the past 15 years and last night was the first time I heard such loud fireworks noises. I can't believe people can be so insensitive to animals, scare them in that manner with fireworks. Usually its quiet in our area. I wonder how all the animals must have been feeling with those blasting noises that went on for about an hour! I went in to sleep with my 6 year old as it woke him up as well. I feel everyone should be more thoughtful of the poor animals and abstain from such unneccessary loud burstings.

Ash

InTheAir

Re: Terrible noise on new year

Post by InTheAir » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 pm

We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.

Tyeman

Post by Tyeman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:16 pm

InTheAir wrote:We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.
funny you say that i once witnessed a weird occurrence of many dead rainbow lori's all over the streets after fireworks at a festival thing...Not sure if the 2 were releated but it seemed to be..

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Tyeman wrote:
InTheAir wrote:We saw hundreds of rainbow lorikeets flying into the dark in a panic when the public fireworks display started near their roosting tree last night.
funny you say that i once witnessed a weird occurrence of many dead rainbow lori's all over the streets after fireworks at a festival thing...Not sure if the 2 were releated but it seemed to be..
My boyfriend and I were wondering if that would be the case :cry:

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am

They're really strict on fireworks here. You need a permit for firecrackers and sparklers. The big show is done over the water. I know there isn't water everywhere they have a display, but I agree that wildlife needs to be taken into consideration. That's so sad about the lori's :cry:
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:17 pm

We have laws realting to fire works after 10 pm but the trouble is enforcing them , once people know they can get away with it they will!

After l got back from playing the new year in at our church last night l called into reasure Billie, she did reply but this morning l discovered she had laid an egg, it had a broken shell so l wonder did the fireworks unsettle her.

Some one nearby is letting off fireworks at 9.15 pm and so l have just been into check on Billie she was not very happy but l feel my reassurance went down well.

AJPeter