Creating a collapsible play gym

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

pattiB

Creating a collapsible play gym

Post by pattiB »

It's in the works. And no worries about safety. I am being diligent about how it collapses down and it goes back up for her to play on. So here's what's happening. I, with the help of my dear hubby, have started a play gym for Gracie. Thing is, storage when it's not in use. She has a wonderful open storage space beneath her cage. I measured the area and started with that. What I am building is a play gym that collapses down when not in use and fits in the area under her cage. So far, so good. Today we finished the base and I finished the pvc design with the parts that collapse. Man I hope this makes some sense.. lol. I will add pics as it's being built. I have an order of vet wrap (in red, to match her cage of course) that will be here on Wed. Hopefully by then the play gym will be finished and we can wrap it up!
She has a play area that she uses away from her cage, during the day. But in the evening we wanted to have something that could play on, on top of her cage, before retiring for the night. I also wanted to be able to remove it so that her cover can be used during the night.
I'm sure in the future we'll have PLENTY more play areas, but for now, this is a start.
Doodlebug

Re: Creating a collapsible play gym

Post by Doodlebug »

Sounds like you are really busy with that! Whenever I make things for my Dudes, I always worry if he will actually play on it or like it, bit like having small kids really-they prefer the wrapping paper at Christmas than the actual toys!
Loo :)
pattiB

Re: Creating a collapsible play gym

Post by pattiB »

I hope she will. lol. Gracie seems to be one parrot that LOVES new toys! If she has anything new in her sight, she's interested. I've been building it in front of her everyday. Watching her tilt her little bird head sideways and peer over to see it is priceless! Tomorrow my vet wrap will get here! I can finish it up. I'm still attaching eye screws to various spots around the gym, for hanging toys. Still re thinking some of the design too. But so far so good!