Scratch my head now!

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Scratch my head now!

Post by InTheAir »

Nila just did the cutest thing (again). He was in one of those rare moods where he actually wanted to have his head stroked, that happen once in a blue moon. He was lying on my chest having a head scratch, he tucked his beak under his wing, crunched his beak a little and went to sleep. I stopped patting his head and let my hand relax on my shoulder and started playing attention to the news I had been trying to watch on tv. A minute later there is a firm beak on my finger dragging it closer to him, as soon as I started patting his head again he tucked his beak under the wing again and resumed his nap again.
Sooo cute!
ellieelectrons

Re: Scratch my head now!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Oooooohhhhh so sweet. :)

Ellie.
Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

*Wishing there was an Awwww emoticon*

Also dreaming of the day Doodlebug will allow me to adore him in the same way... lol :)
Loo :)
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Loo, doodlebug will get there.
I met a rainbow lorikeet that came over to the side of its cage and bent its head for scratches as soon as it saw me.... I have to say I did get a little envious of the owner, Nila never wants scratches that much. He only wants them when he has a pin feather coming through that he can't reach himself :wink: if you get it wrong he turns into a little growling monster! Though that is just as cute in its own way lol
AlphaWolf

Post by AlphaWolf »

AWWWW, so happy for you claire. Can't wait for the day Aero will let me touch him :) When we went to get AERO from the petshop ther was this macaw who kept begging for head scratches, and he loved it when i scratched his head. He was the first bird I ever touched :wink:
"Live with parrots and you learn to panic"

AlphaWolf
ranechild

Post by ranechild »

Fats will never get THAT comfy.
I was able to touch his head twice last night without him running away or growling. He might have even liked it....
Camo is our scritches bird. He flies over and puts his head down asking for scritches. he'll take them for hours on end.
pattiB

Post by pattiB »

we cannot wait (but we will) to give Gracie scritches! In time, in time. sigh...so happy for you!
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Awww...Nila is getting comfy with scritches. That's awesome. :D he's about the age Skye was when she became comfortable with it. Now she never stops wanting it. She pushes into my hand or lowers her head. But Nila grabbing your finger for more...that's priceless. Wish there was a video to see that. Bet it would hit a million likes. :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Mel, it's always when there is no camera close by that he does something awesomely cuter than usual! Like taking his snooker balls out of the pockets and putting them back on the table so he can keep playing.... as soon as I found the camera he was bored of that game.

Ranechild, camo sounds so cute!

I don't think Nila will ever be a scratches bird, outside of moulting. He liked head scratches during his first moult too. We don't really mind, he is still the most bestest pet! We made the choice that a bird we could pat lots wasn't important when we decided to get a ringneck. I just have to suck it up and realise my place in life is only to loosen feather sheaves. :lol: