Interesting cockatoo video

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

InTheAir

Interesting cockatoo video

Post by InTheAir »

Hey guys,
You might like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcuBnLUZgM
I guess anyone who lives with a parrot already knows how clever they are already. I'll have to ask one of my magician friends to bring his cup and balls trick and try it on Nila :mrgreen:
Skyes_crew

Re: Interesting cockatoo video

Post by Skyes_crew »

Very smart birds...they pay close attention to everything humans do. Mack will place his foot outside his cage flat and slide the lock to side at the same time his beak is moving the top lock to the side. I have to padlock his cage. He then learned how to slide the bolt to the side on his food and water doors. My husband had to drill holes so that we could screw them shut. His dexterity is also amazing. I showed him one time how to take a thin strip of leather and thread it back and forth through a whiffle ball. He spent the rest of the day threading and unthreading it. Sometimes it's kind of creepy how much he stares at me lol. But I guess that's how they learn :D
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D