South-east Queensland, Australia meetup?

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

ellieelectrons

South-east Queensland, Australia meetup?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone would like to have a South-East Queensland meet up for IRN forum members? I was thinking about organising a trip to Parrots in Paradise which is located in Beerwah (near Australia Zoo) on the Sunshine Coast. They have just opened a large free flight aviary and they have a bird show where they show their Australian native parrots and then have Alexandrines doing some amazing tricks. It's a hobby home show. It costs $20 per person and it is suitable for both adults and children. I thought we could all bring our own lunch with us and share it by the dam on their property following the show. Let me know if you're interested. If there is enough interest, we can start to look at dates, etc.

See http://www.parrotsinparadise.net/ for more information.

I've been to the show before but their free flight aviary is new so I'm looking forward to seeing that. She certainly has a great collection of birds and most of them are tame... I have no idea how she keeps that many birds tame!

If we get enough people we could probably ask her to have a Q&A for us following the show.

Ellie.
fionalouise1989

Re: South-east Queensland, Australia meetup?

Post by fionalouise1989 »

hey Ellie,

I would love to come but it depends when you are going as Im a bit short on money at the moment since Ive literally worked 7 hours this year! If you were looking at a month or so away I could probably make it happen though end of feb or early march. Im hoping work will start back up early feb late jan, but a bit worried because of the announced nursing cuts. I work for an agency so I tend to just get work when they have sick leave or need extra staff and holidays is the worst time as they shut wards etc. If that makes sense.

I had a look on the website, the free flight thing looks awesome. Im surprised the birds dont get into fights with them all being tame if they are of different species. She must be knowledgable and good with birds!!

Fi
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Wow that place looks amazing!
I'm definitely keen.

Claire
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Sounds great. Well, let's organise it then and we'll see how many we can get along. Let's have plenty of leadup time so that we can build the momentum. It will probably be better when it's a bit cooler any way. I'm thinking maybe any time from the second half of March onwards. What does everyone else think?

Ellie.
fionalouise1989

Post by fionalouise1989 »

Sounds lovely to me Ellie. Will give me something to look forward to!
Fi
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Second half of march suits us. Sounds great.
Redzone

Post by Redzone »

^^ I have a mate's 30th on the 23rd of march but other than that we're sweet :)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks for the reminder. Organising this had temporarily slipped off my radar!

Given that I think we will only have a small group, I won't try to book our own private show, I think we can just go along to a normal session... Looking at her availability, I'm thinking one of the April dates might be a go.

Those who are interested in attending, can you please indicate your availability by going here:
http://doodle.com/xdcaytewnqv4z82n

Many thanks.

Ellie.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Thanks for filling in the time availabilities Fi and Claire. Claire, are Saturdays generally out for you?

Ellie.
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hey Ellie,

Afternoons are generally better, but I should be able to make an exception for it anyway.

Claire