WELL MIGHT NOT BE A RINGNECK EGG BUT ITS AN EGG

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

sarahb

WELL MIGHT NOT BE A RINGNECK EGG BUT ITS AN EGG

Post by sarahb »

well since finding out ny irn pairs eggs were all duds ive been so upset knowing i have no babys on the way however this afternoon after feeding my eclectus there daily fruit fix i though oh well may as well check the box even though i checked it this morning but anyway there it was an egg :D she had one a few weeks ago but i hadnt put the nest box up and she laid it from the perch and well it ended up broken on the floor but yay finally something going my way fingers crossed the egg is fertile but they are a proven pair so im hoping all will be fine :D
ellieelectrons

Re: WELL MIGHT NOT BE A RINGNECK EGG BUT ITS AN EGG

Post by ellieelectrons »

This is exciting! Good luck! Fingers and toes crossed!

By the way, someone who breeds Eclectus told me (although I haven't verified it) that if they have an abundance of food, you will get girls and if food is a tiny bit on the scarce side, you will get boys. Does anyone know if that is true. (BTW - I don't think it's true for any other breed of bird, just Eccies)

Ellie.
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

thanks yes it is very exciting im not sure about the food thing this is my first experience with eckys but if it is well i will probably end up with all girls lol since i give them about 3 cups of fruite and veg every day along with seed lol i cant wait to see the little things when they are born aparently they lay every 4th day ie first egg is laid on the first day and seccond is laid on the 4th and so on and on other good news the green pair that had infertile eggs 3 weeks ago have been in the nest box again so fingers crossed they will lay again and since we are finished moving they should be fertile this time such an exciting time also cant wait till october aparently thats when the quaker parrot's start to breed and ive not long purchased a blue pair so should be a good few months comming up :mrgreen:

here is a pic of sydney the female the night we got her hence why she is inside in one of my ringys cages for the night as we had a couple more touches to add to there avairy the next day i couldnt get a decent photo of Syd the male but will try and get some more soon

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congratulations. Hope you have a bubby to spoil in the not too distant future. :D

You have a beautiful girl there.
I really must get a suitable aviary built so I can put my eckie pair together and hopefully I will have bubs to. :lol:

Good luck with the egg/s.
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

Wow that's a beautiful bird! Intrigued to see if there are some fids coming your way soon!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Very exciting .. congrats .. oh how I want an ecky !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Well only 13 days to go till her egg is due to hatch she did have a second egg but it had a little pin hole in the end so i had to get rid of it maybe she put her claw through it or something not sure but i will be happy even with one hopefully it hatches for me cant wait time seems to be going so slow every day seems like a week its driving me crazy :shock: seems so close yet so far lol and i cant think of anything to make the days go by faster as Ive already collected everything i will need for the little one when it comes time to hand raise tic toc tic toc lol
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

bad news i fed the birds a bit late this afternoon just on dark and the female was out so i though id take the opportunity to candle the egg and it looks to be infertile as i didn't see a large dark area and im pretty sure i seen a blood ring :( nothing seems to be working out for me first the my green pair having infertile eggs then the second ecky egg having a hole and now the last ecky egg i just want a little naked baby to look after :cry:
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

oh no! One day the male will know what to do, you have to give us boys time to get it right remember :D

Chin up!
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Well i hope so whats so frustrating is both the green irn pair and ecky pair a proven breeders so i know they can get it right seems just not for me though :cry: Not to mention i want to give up smoking but know i will need a big distraction hence why i am waiting for baby's i thought least they will be a good distraction with hand rearing ect