Drive Safely ad.....Please watch it, and dont be a hero

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Hermionestwin

Drive Safely ad.....Please watch it, and dont be a hero

Post by Hermionestwin »

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-az1smQ ... ive_safely
Please watch it, and dont be a hero and speed...
pinkdevil

Re: Drive Safely ad.....Please watch it, and dont be a hero

Post by pinkdevil »

Have seen this before.
Really opens eyes on just how easy an accident can occur. Quite scary really.
Hermionestwin

Post by Hermionestwin »

I know, its just heartbreaking beacause day after day you see idiots on the roads who dont know the concequences of speeding, tail gating and just reckless driving.......I think this video should be shown to every P plater who is caught speeding etc might scare some sense into them......
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Made my stomach tighten to see it.... these things happen so easy!
I remember on my way to work one morning at 7am... a guy clips the back of my car and sets it spinning, flipped three times and I was only doing 45mph... I was lucky with whiplash... he was fine but got arrested for drunk driving, he was over the limit from the night before.

I also had that phone call you always dread from the police, "there's been an accident" My man was on our motorbike hit side on... he suffered 9 breaks in his lower leg, 7 in the upper, his right upper arm was crushed and he had fat embolism which put him in a coma for a week. He was VERY lucky! All because someone someone jumped the lights.

Any idiot can drive fast but in the blink of an eye everything can change.... drive safe!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Wow, so sorry to hear that Lilly.
I guess you were both lucky to have come out of either accidents.
There really are some idiots on the road who think they are invincible and don't really care what happens to other road users. A vehicle is a weapon!!
333greenbean333

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Wow.....
That made me really sad :( . I cant believe what this world is becoming.... I am 16 just got my L's and now am a little scared to drive :? I guess it is a fact of life that these unfortunate events happen and hopefully one day they will minamise. :)
Just seeing the family accidents made my insides jump. Losing someone you love would be horrible. I wish they would show that ad on TV. :idea:
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
Hermionestwin

Post by Hermionestwin »

Yea i know, i am on my Ls at the moment, they should show these ads on tv, or to Learners/platers/ and fully licesnced drivers who recklessly drive, to show them that maybe that time they didnt hurt anyone but what they could do......
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Even if they did there is still always one idiot who will drive, take risks, speed... even I am guilty of speeding at some point or another but after my experiences I am much more aware.
My only advice is try to stick to speed limits (that includes not going TOO SLOW!)
I always think it's more important to look where you are going instead of constantly looking at speed
Learn the sound of your engine... sounds stupid maybe but saves you looking at speedo constantly (learnt this from motorcycling)
Use your mirrors... be aware of who is next to you, behind you and most important in front... a quick look for a change of CD can mean the difference of you and others getting home in one piece!
...most important, you are responsible for a machine that can kill instantly... remember there are other people as fragile as you in the other cars.

...bit of a rant... call me car-ist
No matter how BIG your car is you do not have right of way!!!!

...Ooooo the list is endless hahahaha! :lol:
Safe driving! 8)