I am possible getting a indian ringneck.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

poppeottomor

I am possible getting a indian ringneck.

Post by poppeottomor »

I don´t now if it is a boy or a girl, it loks like a female so let say it is a she. :D
She is 1 year old and is a beutyful lutino, I can´t wait for her owner to kontakt me, I will see her before i buy her.
I love her alredy :lol:
S. Charlotte.
xx_sheena_xx

Re: I am possible getting a indian ringneck.

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

Congrats!
you finally get one after your long wait :D
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

She was not tame at all, and i was affreid that she never wout be.
It was for her own good, i wodent bare it if I had to give her away in a month or so, becurse she was afreid of me :cry:
So im still wating to get a baby ringneck. :(
S. Charlotte.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

oh well
keep looking!
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Okay avrione.
I have gotten a messarge from a bird frind that says that there is indian ringnecks for sale in Sweden.
I have kontaktet him and he has 3 blue youngsters and im getting one of them, in 4 weeks :o :lol:
It is begien handfed at the moment, 4 weeks is like 4 years, but I am getting one at last, after all these years :mrgreen:
Help, can´t wait :lol:
S. Charlotte.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

congrats :D
get its cage ready, toys and food to help keep you distracted
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh that is great news.

You have been waiting all this time so a few more weeks wont be that long of a wait.

Yes like Sheena said, go birdy cage and accessory shopping. Will make the time go quicker!
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Yes, I now where to get the cage, so I will be shopping for toys and a big bird bath for it and food bowls so it can get frught, wegstabel, seed and pellets :D
I just hope my lovebirds will be okay with it all, I can´t bare it if i haf to give the ringneck up, because they argue all the time :cry:
But I don´t think it will be a problem, my lovebirds are sweartharts and they propperbly want to take care of it, becarurs it is just a baby.
O my god, I am getting a baby ringneck :shock:
Can´t wait, the bredder say I will get the pretist bird in the cluth, but I don´t care, as long as it is healfy and happy, that is good. :lol:
S. Charlotte.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

pinkdevil wrote:Oh that is great news.

You have been waiting all this time so a few more weeks wont be that long of a wait.

Yes like Sheena said, go birdy cage and accessory shopping. Will make the time go quicker!
Can I ask you how do youre birds get along with youre ringneck Jasper ?
He is vere hansome :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Is the breeder allowing you to view and handle the bub before you choose?

Thanks for the comment on Jasper. :)
Jasper is a girl I handraised. She is still tame but I have placed her in an outdoor aviary with her boyfriend :wink: and hoping this year they will breed for me. :D
She is a lovely nautured girl who follows me around the aviary as much as she can when I am outside and flies on me when I enter the aviary.
She really didn't like the first boy I placed in there with her and I had to remove him before she did damage. She did give the second boy a hard time but he was older and I think stood up to her better than the previous male who was younger.

Jasper was not around other birds as she was an indoor girl so isn't that warming to other birds.
But as your ringneck will be a young bird, you could find s/he bonds ok with your lovebirds. Each bird is different, just because one bird gets along with other breeds does not mean every bird of the same species will be the same. :)

There are videos on youtube of different species getting along together just fine.
Here is an example of a ringneck friends with a cockatiel....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPoH5UkB ... oaoCo6A2Z4
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

I think he will let me see them all togher, I dont now the guy but he sounds like he is very found of his birds, and do alot for them. :D
I hope you are right about my lovebids and the ringneck, he is just a baby, and his name is Victor or Victoria if he is a she :lol:
I just fort you had all youre birds indoors, it is a flok you have :D
Pretty birds :D
S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I have both indoor and outdoor birds.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

I have just read that indian ringnecks dont go vel in apartments, is that true ??? :shock:
Are there any of you guys that have them in apartments, and how are the nabores with it ???
I live in an apartment, there is pretty spacios, I dont now if it is a good idear ???
I will just be safe abourt it, I dont want to lose my ringneck :cry:
S. Charlotte.
P.s. I now im a pain in the a.. , but I just want the best for my Victor :)
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Now there is only a week til im getting my ringneck :shock:
I was at a pet shop namet zoo city, to buy pellets and toys.
I have a rope ladder and a spiral with a big bell on, and then i have a new picture of victor and his ciplings, a blue (victor), a wite one, a yelo and a green.
They are all very sweat, the bredder says that the blue one, komes up first wen they are fed, and he says they are funny caraters, all jentel and sweat.
I dont now how to sent pictures in here, I woudt like you all to see my baby ringneck :D
Can´t stop smiling :lol:
I am just so happy :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Hello averyone, im back 8)
I will in a week or so be traveling to Sweden, to get my ringneck from he´s breeder.
I have a pet carrier, that i will be using till we get home.
How can I make the trip interesting for him ??? :D
It is a WERY long car drive, but the carrier is big enouf for him to move around, I will be taking to him all the way.
I don´t have a drivers lisent so my mom and dad is goning to drive, not at the same time :lol:
Is there anything I can do to make the trip pleasant for my ringneck ??? :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Not long now. :D :D

I would take a towel so you could cover the travel cage if the ringneck starts to stress too much. Darkness calms them easier.
You could try offering fruit or veg and see if that will help. How many hours will you be traveling for?
bec

Post by bec »

i alway take oranges when im picking up a new bird i was told the smeel calms birds & its also a fliud supply that cant be spilled
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

pinkdevil wrote:Not long now. :D :D

I would take a towel so you could cover the travel cage if the ringneck starts to stress too much. Darkness calms them easier.
You could try offering fruit or veg and see if that will help. How many hours will you be traveling for?
I dont now ekscakly how long, but I can find it some vere.
The breeder have only given the town name, and im a moron to geogafik lokacion :lol:
But I kan ask my dad, he is good at finding places :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

bec wrote:i alway take oranges when im picking up a new bird i was told the smeel calms birds & its also a fliud supply that cant be spilled
Thats a good idear, if it don´t want to eart it, he will have something to play with.
If he´s not too okupid with taking with os :lol:
S. Charlotte.
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

Hello I have gotten a e-mail from the breeder and he is saying the my baby are begening to fly, and that it will not be long, til I can come and get him, he will kep him for a littel longer, and make sure my bird and his ciplings are more tame :o :shock: :D
I can´t stop smiling :lol:
I can´t wait to see him op close and personal :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.