OTHER FORUMS............

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Joanie

OTHER FORUMS............

Post by Joanie »

Just wondering if anyone is a member of any other bird forums? for instance, i applied to "Birdboard" which looks like a nice site too, but i was never approved to be able to post or reply etc.
i wrote several times to ask but finally gave up. i can only read the posts, thats it.
so if anyone can get me in on that one i would appreciate it.

then there is "fluffies" another bird site but again i cannot get approved to join in there either. it doesn't look like there is much acitivity on that one though, almost like its dead.

also, how do we post pics here?

thanks,
Joanie
bec

Re: OTHER FORUMS............

Post by bec »

in the photo forum there is a post about putting up pics & avitars
jobo2mi

Post by jobo2mi »

Lots of other bird forums out there .... BirdBoard is one, but if you want a few more, Email or PM me and I can give you the links. Not sure how posting other forum links goes over here ... other forums don't like it much ...
Joanne

and the fids -
Parakeets - Emma (RIP Bonnie & Clyde)
Tiels - Rosie, Howie
QP - Isis
Sun Conure - Precious
IRN - Nala
Caique - Timber
and the cat - BK
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Just wanted to tell you dont waste your time with birdboard. I quit that forum when a couple of members bushwhacked a young girl for asking a careless question. Then when the girls mother came online to defend her, they tore the mom to pieces and before the mother could defend herself, the wonderful admin at the request of her 'friends' closed that thread.
No, I've nothing to do with that girl or her mother, I was just reading the thread. There are also alot of smartypants there.

I was a member of parrotforum.net. People there were polite, to the point and quick to reply. Sadly it was taken over by spam and nobody bothered to clear it up.

From what I've seen the folks here are cool and friendly.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

There are so many other forums--i don't mind other links to them being posted as i believe each one is visited for different reasons. Besides, other forums have just as much information that can be helpful and to me it's really about the parrots :wink: Make your brain a sponge and take in as much parrot knowledge as you can :wink:

Best wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I have been a member at many other sites, but this one has always been my home and base. I only have time for this forum now and believe it is the most genuine and easiest site to get help from at any time. There is a huge bank of previous posts you can search for information you may need, then there are the forums you can post to for answers, and again still if you really need urgent help there is the pm function and pm'ing admin also for help.

I love the family here, polite helpful and very accepting of everyone, especially those "without" birds, eg: wanting to find out more information before actually buying one. :-) (some sites are funny about that)

Also .. very glad to see you here Joanie
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless