You moderators are a waste of time

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Coastal-Birds

You moderators are a waste of time

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Where the hell are you people checking this site.
It is just full of crap now and you people are doing nothing even though i have sent messages to you about it.
This so called once good site is now becoming a waste of time with these fools posting rubbish.
Why dont you ban there accounts or you just couldnt be bothered i guess.
xx_sheena_xx

Re: You moderators are a waste of time

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

They delete their posts, they come on here more than once a day just to do that.
If they delete their accounts they will just keep making new ones, there is a new person putting spam on here everyday and its not the moderators fault.
You cant stop people posting spam or adds for products no matter how hard you try!
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

They dont delete the posts at all.
The same posts are here since the first day they started posting crap so i dont know where you got that from they are deleted.
Its real easy to stop them they are all long crap names.
At least ban them and verytime a new one opens a post ban them to,thats what the mods are there for to stop rubbish on the website.
At least you would think they could reply to privates messages about the problem but no they dont do that either the mods but will hammer you for posting a photo to big for there liking.
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

They do try.
Being a moderator is very hard even if u believe that it isnt.
They are all busy people and probaly dont like you hassling them about it.
If you care about this site you would just click on the button at the top that says mark all topics read.
They are working on trying to fix this probleme, but by complaining about it it means the spammers are winning, because if we ignore it their more likly to go away.
If this website is a waste of time to you then why havnt you left?
julie

Post by julie »

I have not got any messages. I work full time and have a house to run. myself and lauren have been deleting these cretins but they keep coming back and we cant stop them. most have been banned-email ad banned and ips but they just keep coming on.
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

i think the board looks much better now!
thanks for all you do to keep it this way. :D
Last edited by Joanie on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Coastal birds, I am really sorry as I do know how disruptive the spam is :roll: ! Our mods have been working really hard to get things back in order. Every one of them (Angie, Julie, and Lauren) are extremely busy and they take time out of THEIR schedules to make this site happen :wink: . Please hang in there as I am working on combating the spam :wink: . Unfortunately, spam will always be around but we are working very hard to remove it and stop it! Hang in there!

Joanie and xx_sheena_xx—thank you for your understanding :) !

IMRAN
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

I might come across hard but it seems alot of interesting posts are the ones getting hammered by these fools.
I like this site and like to help people where i can it just annoys me getting emails about a post and then finding it is rubbish.
From what i can see there are alot of well known people who know what they are talking about who have not replied,maybe they are busy or also are sick of getting rubbish back.
Ive been around computers alot and maybe when people register they need to use proper email addresses not free ones like hotmail ,yahoo gmail,exemail etc.
I know on other sites you cant register with these types of emails as they are know for spammers .
This might be a option to help stop them.
Cheers
bec

Post by bec »

but there are people (like myself for instance ) who only have a hotmail address does that mean we should missout?
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Well anyone with a internet account is given a home(private email address from any isp.
So to have only a hotmail account for mail stumps me unless your using a shared internet connection.Or a internet cafe to access the internet.??
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

everyone i know only has a hotmail address
Coastal-Birds

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Everyone uses hotmail so there private email dosnt get flooded with rubbish.
It is impossible to have a internet account without a registered email address.
Unless shared or from a internet cafe account.
Every ISP gives you a private one, or if your lucky multi emails but all will be using the isp names bigpond,soul,tpg etc all of them.
bec

Post by bec »

well maybe they do provide an email address & yes they do tell me i have one however when i try to access the email i have been told i have i am told this email address does not exist this has been going on for the 12 months i have had this internet provider so i use my hotmail because i know i will be able to acces my mail also when my internet (pre paid ) has run out of credit i know i can go to an internet cafe or my dads & accesss my messages that way
im not trying to o get into an arguement i was just trying to put a point across
i know imran and the other mods have been working very hard trying to fix the spam problem
and i know all the spam i have reported has been rmoved very quickly
i must admit the laste few days i dont think ive seen any spam so well done guys
just remember we are all here for the same reason for our beloved birds we dont need to argue amongst our selves about the spammers that just means they are getting what they want.......... our attention
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

I am sorry that you feel that way. We do log in quite alot more than anyone thinks. Spam is a never ending battle. It is NOT an easy battle to win. Imran is working on this problem and he deserves credit for working so hard on this. We all have quite busy lives at the moment, I myself just had a baby but try to take as much time out for this board.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
xx_sheena_xx

Post by xx_sheena_xx »

I love all you guys for trying so hard!
Congrats on your baby Lauren