New Baby video...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

New Baby video...

Post by Mikaela »

He Never shuts up. :roll:

This was *suppose* to be nap time on a cloudy day but it takes him an hr to shut his beak.

You can probably understand most of what he says, if not, ask. :D

For those with babies that dont dig talking much, seriously, be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. :shock:

It was dark (naptime) so sorry about the quality.

Enjoy! He is a nut. I have to have the blue plate on the perch or he unsnaps the suckers to get down. Too smart for his own good. And mine.

There are 7 of them all together, all 1 minute long. Shot today @ around noon and he still aint shut up 2:55 :!:

Sidenote: I havent been asleep all night! WTF? Like on auto pilot. Then when Baby and I laid down, I still couldnt dose off. :cry:

http://www.dropshots.com/babyvid
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

Wow the speech is clear!! Your fid even has your accent, I love it!!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

LMAO

REALLY!?
~ Mikaela Sky

surferdon

Post by surferdon »

YEah Really when he come here girl step up and then good girl you can tell!!!!! iT WAS FUNNY TOO when your phone rang lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

lol

I havent watched the vids before I posted them. I should do that. :shock:

hehe. :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I'll have to watch these videos when I get home from work! Can't wait cause I know they're gonna be CUUUTE!!

Mik, I, myself, and many other people I talk to at work have also been having big troubles sleeping lately. We dunno what it is. Just know you're not alone, as frustrating as it is!!
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

It is very frustrating. All night long, I couldnt have been *more* awake.

Oddest thing.
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

OMG!! Cuter than I thought!!! and Baby is sitting here on her play-gym listening as well. She RARELY makes noise, but she she heard your Baby scream, she did the same thing!! OMG I hope she talks like your's! Maybe she won't since she's so quiet....
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Wow Mikaela!!! I can understand him really well! You did a fine job with him!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Best Wishes, :wink:

Imran Chaudhry
julie

Post by julie »

i know what you mean with the talking non stop thing.indie didnt seem to go nuts and start dancing looking for baby he must be able to tell that he is a male. cute vids. :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

OMG I love that Baby...show off :P

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

:D

I love my baby! I'll tell him yall said he was handsome and coming along just fine!
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Mik,
I love them! He's so awesome!!! And I so hear him imitating Peaches. He sure is whistling like a cockatiel. Love the videos. Thanks for sharing.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

He sure does Jen!

Peaches wouldnt talk to him so he learned to talk to her. They chat away and Baby taught Peaches to wolf whistle.

Its a special love they have. Very cute to watch! Watch being the key word... Baby gets angry that Peaches wont step onto his back and he starts trying to man handle her. :evil:

Peaches is very sweet but that girl will stand up to her man. She woops him pretty good because Baby is bluffing and *she* isnt.

Baby looks at her like Damn Peaches, you mean!
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I guess they would immitate cockatiels, wouldn't they? That's why my Baby here and there does a cockatiel call...at the store I got her from, she was in with the cockatiels! It allll makes sense now :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Upside of it! No bad IRN noises because he has never heard any.

That is priceless. :shock:

I admit I hate the contact call. He screams ever so often though... breed in him. I dont like it and ignore it. He hates to be ignored so he usually refrains.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I keep watching those vids...gawd it is sooo cute the way they pick up the owner's accents.

Baby has that cute little southern thing going on...Datsun had Chamon's adorable little voice...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I wish I could hear it!

But I cant hear it in myself so I cant in him. When I talk it sounds the same to me as when everyone else talks. Thats why southern accents never go away... or even fade. They do but only a bit. :oops:
Last edited by Mikaela on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

It's sooo cute...he sounds like a little southern gent. True about not hearing your own accents though

Dani
julie

Post by julie »

we should all put one on of the fids saying the same thing eg hello,then we can see if they have really strong accents,maybe we could tell better with all the same word.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yes!

Ok, what can most all of our birds say?

I can always get a 'good girl' out of Baby. And 'Baby wants a treat'.

It that a good word for everyone?
~ Mikaela Sky

Lisa's Tiki

Post by Lisa's Tiki »

I'm behind on post - obivously since this the last posting on this one was from two weeks ago and Baby definetly has a southern accent going on - it is just way to cute! Anyway I have to hide to film Tiki talking, but I can try, he says:
Hello, Tiki Tiki, Who's a good birdie, What are you doing, huh?, Peek-a-Boo, I love you, Come here, Step up, Whaaaat?, Mommy, and Kiss-Kiss.

I'm sure he will be saying "Leave Riley alone! My turn!" Very soon! LOL :lol: I will work on trying to get him to talk on video this weekend. I may have to film Riley while doing it though!
Bird crazy

Talking!!!

Post by Bird crazy »

Girl that's not talking that's a monolog.

I loved it and played it loud so Nila could hear it. But he's in a feeding frenzy right now and kept his head down in the food dish.

Quite a vocabulary. And I could see the ring below his beak. So he's a boy right?

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Sue...we're not 100% sure that Baby is a boy...right now though we're pretty sure...then again you never know. Baby sure acts like a boy though :roll:

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I thought, as did everyone, my Baby was a girl. Then one day he started dancing and became very agile and is *all* boy. Happened over night. Sort of like from baby to boy. I took baby behavior for gentle girl behavior.

He is ugly and molting right now. I wonder if the ring will come in this molt? He is only 1.5 yrs old.

So ya'll see the black too? Sometimes we see what we want to see so, I wasnt sure.

BC... see what I mean with those without talkers. :? It gets to be like hanging with a chick that talks talks talks and never shuts up. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Argh if that isn't the truth! Prin won't be quiet most of the time...though I do think she is the cutest thing when she surprises me with new words.

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Or when they use speech to butter us up. Baby knows if he says enough sweet things that I'll have to come love him.

I cant have him perched, clicking and saying kiss kiss and NOT go give him one. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Prinny knows how to butter me up...those cute little 'come heres' and 'Prinny's a good girl..." "Kiss kiss" just melt me and I have to love her...even if she's in trouble...

*giggles* Most of what she knows has come from the vids here...her cute little 'come here' came from Mik's Baby...she even says it in that adorable accent that Baby has

Dani
Kayaq

Post by Kayaq »

awww that video is too cute. I think my bird is in love lol when it was on he ran up to the screen and started kissing it lol
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

-giggle-

Baby is da man! :lol:

I'll let him know he has an crush going on the board. 8)
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ooh...Prinny'll get jealous...she loves Baby too...

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

And she is so sweet, which Baby loves in a mate so hrm... wonder how this will play out. hehe

Even if Prinny is a boy and my Baby is ***, I'll love him just as much.

*marches proudly with her bird on her finger*

Same goes for my human youngens.
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggles*

Uh oh...Baby is turning into a little player...he's got Peaches and Prinny and now Kayaq's baby...

Better be careful there Mik

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Its in our Jeans opps :oops:

I meant... our genes hehe
~ Mikaela Sky

xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Dani03 wrote:Prinny knows how to butter me up...those cute little 'come heres' and 'Prinny's a good girl..." "Kiss kiss" just melt me and I have to love her...even if she's in trouble...

*giggles* Most of what she knows has come from the vids here...her cute little 'come here' came from Mik's Baby...she even says it in that adorable accent that Baby has

Dani

How many times did Prinny have to hear the video in order to pick up the words??!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Not very many times...she had the "come here" within three or four watchings...I'm pretty sure she is a smart little girl.

Dani
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Something about the pitch of my voice. It has to be. I sure aint no bird whisperer. If you listen to my voice, is goes from very high to moderately low. Thats the accent and my being so high strung.

If you ever heard me say 'whats dat Baby doing, huh?' Theres the pitch to shoot for. Also, the tone used when I say step up and come here. My voice is always happy. My happy voice. Thats all I know. :oops:

My voice makes my bird gitty. I am trying to explain this and at 3:30 am... failing miserably.
~ Mikaela Sky