Something different

Moderator: Mods

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Something different

Post by Jeremy »

Well because my Ringnecks aren't amazing talking birds like everyone else :lol: I have decided to put a video of my Sun Conures on. They were h/r and have been in an aviary for 18 months now. They are almost 2 years old and are still tame. Everytime they see me or anyone else they squawk until you get to the cage and give them some attention :roll: They are starting to have an interest in breeding, the Hen is constantly in the box so hopefully it won't be too long until they start. I would LOVE to h/r some babies.
Sorry about the noise, the Quakers were a bit excited and you can sort of hear the Ringnecks.
The quality of the video ain't too good either :oops: It was fine but when i put it onto dropshots it wasn't too good.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Enjoy!

http://dropshots.com/Jezz_39
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Oh the pain.. My suns went off during that vid hehe. Great video tho, I really enjoyed it. Such cute sunnies, They are just the best birds. Yes better than ringnecks!!! Oh I'm in trouble now :P

Oh and get yourself on the chat room if you can :) please
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

They so pretty! I love the sunny coloring...one of these days I'll get me one

Dani and Prinny
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Yess.. then we all have sun conures.. and be the SunConure board :P
. i'm joking please dont hurt me..
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

hehehe yeah I know...but most of us have tiels and budgies and conures...I only have the one bird for now. One of these days...*wants to throw a tantrum* Ok All better :wink:

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Jeremy,
They're darling and the quality wasn't bad at all. They look like they're a handful. Are all sunnies that full of life? Is that a trait? The two they have at the local pet store just climb and play and look like they're really enjoying life.

Hugs,
Jen
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Yeah they are very energetic birds. I think all the Conures are. When mine aren't eating or in the nestbox they are playing on their rope toy or chewing up wood. If i put my finger through the wire, they don't even bite hard, they just put their beak over my finger. They are still very tame babies and definitely full of life
bobbisox41

Post by bobbisox41 »

great video......the suns are so pretty....if i can ever convince my husband, I would love to get a second bird someday............I just recently got another ringneck, I lost my first one after having him for 12 years......the baby is still being hand fed so there is no definite time that I will be getting him....but they have some beautiful sunnies in this shop ....I stop and play with all of them when i visit my baby which is just about every day.......thanks for sharing the video..

Barbara
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

How pretty are sunny's I would love to have one. My son fell in love with one that kept coming up to him at a cage at one of the breeders. Love how curious they are of the camera :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Awesome!

Now a Sun Conure my husband is all about. He has been after me to get one of those since he saw the antics of one in a petsop.

Of course, he thought the bird had just dropped dead, thats what this little fella did to get attention. I swear to God... he would get onto a perch and free fall onto his back (even put a dramatic twist on the landing) and lay there deader than hell with his face in the shavings. Very still... even his eyes

The whole thing upset me and I started crying until he laughed and said 'Ah Baby, he does that... he isnt dead.' I was shouting 'Hello, ya'lls birds are dropping like flies over here.' :oops: Noone taught me the skills to 'react' so I suppose I taught myself to 'over-react'. They need a warning sign or something as convincing as it looks.

Felt like a damned idiot on a hidden cam show. Needless to say, he screwed himself because by that time I just wanted to go home! -pout-

Post by Guest »

oh my god ! :shock: :shock: :shock: they are so BEAUTIFULE !! :shock: :shock: i just love those colours :D:D :D