Remy finally using her bird bath!

Moderator: Mods

jmlw7

Remy finally using her bird bath!

Post by jmlw7 »

Hi all, just wanted to post our 10 month old finally learning to use her bird bath. We've had bigger ones sitting in the bottom of her cage that she just drank out of. We bought the one shown in the video and although its a little small for her and she's mainly been drinking out of it, she finally learned she can bathe in it too!

So far she only does it when she's getting misted, but crossing our fingers that she will learn to get in on her own without any prompting from a spray bottle!

The guys voice in the video is my fiance rooting her on :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuGlUaaWD9Q
clawnz

Re: Remy finally using her bird bath!

Post by clawnz »

A good misting to go along with the bathing.
It makes you very happy seeing them what I term as being relaxed and acting natural around you..
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hahahaha. She's lovin it!!! My birds will follow me around with their wings out when they see that spray bottle.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Thanks for sharing.
I love how enthusiastic parrots get about bath time!
Nele does a really funny squawk if we take the shower away before he's ready, it's his special squawk that he uses to tell you you're being a bad parront. The only other time he uses that squawk is if you forget to cover his cage immediately when he's on his sleepy perch at night.
jmlw7

Post by jmlw7 »

any tips on how to get them to use their birdie bath on their own? she wont use it unless Im already misting her with the spray bottle
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Mine will only get into their bath after I mist them too. Must be a stubborn IRN thing :wink: although Skye will crawl down my arm while I'm doing dishes and stick her head in the stream of running water lol.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D